Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words and advice. To try to answer the next set of questions:

We have gas heat, and I just changed the filter a couple days ago. He hasn't been hanging out near the vents that I've noticed. We've been putting him on a heating pad to sleep since we found out his body temperature was low.

We've been using Nutrical. We've been mixing a little of that in with his food. He doesn't try to fight us or spit out the food, so in a way he does want it. We have a variety of canned foods, and up until the other day, he was tearing it up, regardless of which kind we gave him. We've been putting it on a plate for him. Sometimes I see him perk up if I open the cupboard and rattle the dishes, so I hope he comes around again. My wife is really getting frustrated, and I feel really bad for her. I've been helping, but it's so much work that doesn't seem to be doing any good lately. If it wasn't for her, he probably would have been gone already.

I agree that the insulation did something to him. The vet even said that, and said that this was probably in the works for years.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

If you want to give him something healthy you can try a raw diet. There is a company called natures variety. The ingredients are all natural.

The do raw, wet and dry food.

I found this food from a very nice lady that worked at petco last year. I needed a high fiber diet for my cat jack who suffers from diabetes. I have been using the dry and some canned food.

Some of the flavors are interesting.

Let me tell you, the change in him has be great. He has put back all the weight he lost not to mention he is not peeing up a storm. His water intake is at normal levels too.
      "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

The furrbabies and I send our prayers and positive thoughts your way. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Radar reminds me of my orange tabby Donny, who is sending good thoughts & headbonks. When my Siamese mix didnt want to eat, I had good luck feeding him gravy off of a spoon. Time consuming, but it sure helped keep his energy up until he was able to eat on his own.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm afraid it's not looking good. This morning, he couldn't even stand up. He won't even swallow the food anymore. And my son thinks he may have fallen down the steps last night.

We're just trying to keep him comfortable now.

Comment

Awww, Mike.

The doggies and I are sending prayers for you guys (and Jethro too - the new kitty.)
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that Radar is not doing any better. Unfortunately sometimes there is nothing we can do to fix our babies. If he continues to not be able to stand up please get him back to the vet ASAP. I hope your baby has not had a stroke.

I had a 15 year old kitty I had to put down because he had a stroke and could not walk without falling over. He was also not able to eat on his own. When Claude had his stroke the vet advised us to put him down because all the money in the world would not have been able to fix him and he was suffering. I know how difficult it is to make this decision Claude had been with me since birth,

I currently still have Claude's 17 year old brother Tegato and I am getting worried his time may be up soon. I have also had him in my life since birth.

I wish I could give you a hug in person. It is so painful knowing when it really is the end for our babies.

If there is anything you can do for him that he would enjoy please take the time now to do it. When I went through the decision process with Claude I made sure he got one last shower before he went to the vet because he was a water kitty.

Comment

Mike, I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aw, man, I'm so sorry. This is an awful spot to be in, for all of you.

Comment

Radar slipped away peacefully about an hour ago, by my wife's side. I'm glad someone was with him when he took his last breath. Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts.

Comment

*gentle hugs* I am sorry for your loss.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mike, I'm so sorry.
                          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and yours (furbabies included).

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              Radar slipped away peacefully about an hour ago, by my wife's side. I'm glad someone was with him when he took his last breath. Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts.

I am sorry for your loss. Our babies are never with us long enough.

Comment

Mike, you got to be with him. No more pain for him. But I'm so sorry to hear he's gone.
                                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                                X