This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the official bad news today.

Remember when I said there was hope that my neuropathy was not diabetic? Well the tests came back..it is Diabetic Neuropathy..there is some silver lining..it can be controlled..but the bad news is that it will never be cured..I will be stuck with it and taking medicine for it pretty much my whole life now. It can also get worse..just never any better (except the medicine I am on right now does help a LOT).
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Well, shit happens - but on the positive side, having a firm diagnosis means you actually *know* what the issue is. Doesn't mean there is actually a cure for it, but you at least are acknowledged as having it.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*nods* With the other news going on, seems such a small matter now. Stop the world..I want off of it.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I hear you, but we'll still keep you in our prayers too.

Knowing what you are dealing with and having a plan to address it is a good start. That is a lot better than back when you were in pain and no idea why.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Well, heck, that sucks, but as AccountingDrone said...you know now. I wish the news was better. Hang in there!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You know you are always in my prayers.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Keeping you in my prayers too.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

At least you know now what you're up against, Myt.

It sucks, yes, but just remember: it can always be worse.

The babies and I are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, that sucks. But at least they're giving you meds that work. And hopefully you can control your blood sugar and it won't get any worse.
                  "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
                  X