Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rabbit's fine. I'm probably lucky he has big blunt claws and not the skinny sharp ones his young children have; might have lost the eyelid! The rabbits have gotten me good when they slip my grip if I'm wearing short sleeves; I just healed-up from looking like I tried to kill myself, and still have a long scar from when one of them got me on the arm. I'm going to start wearing leather arm guards for welding!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The leather arm guards might not be a bad idea! If nothing else they'll be fascinating conversation pieces, LOL.

I've had cats all my adult life -- I don't declaw them (although I do keep their claws clipped, but I can't say I'm regular with the clippers) and I know that they have a lot of pointy ends that can inflict a significant amount of damage.

Still, I wasn't prepared for the time I stepped on my one cat's tail and didn't get off fast enough. He did his best to gnaw my leg off below the knee. It took two bouts of antibiotics to get the infection to go away.

I have to say he looked rather apologetic afterwards. I certainly couldn't blame him ... that must've hurt like the devil, poor thing.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        That would be a logical assumption only in people who've never owned a pet. It's amazing how many people don't believe how much damage a cute little kitty or (even moreso) that cuddly little bunny can inflict when they go into panic mode.
        Oh, he wasn't a little kitty at all. We were all sure he had at least some Maine Coon in him. He was huge and fluffy and had enormous paws. And of course was very sweet and shy.
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Practice claiming it was a knife fight in a dead serious tone

This was my standard gag (hell, I still use it every once in a while) to explain the horizontal split running through one of my eyebrows. (the truth is that I slid into a table when I was a kid and got a mess of stitches there)

Comment

Well, I would suggest answering your co-workers the way I did when I showed up at work on crutches, after simply turning my ankle on my doorstep. When asked what happened, I asked them "Do you want the real story, or the good one?"

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X