X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /waves white flag

small rant...

Last month, I got bronchitis. I thought I could tackle it myself, but two weeks ago, had to go in to the doc's because I was coughing up blood. Yeah, not good. Antibiotics, whumphed it.

Last week, I got a nasty stomach flu thing that laid me out for three days...no eating, barely any drinking because achhhhhhh.

I had ONE day of a break after the stomach flu, and then got hit with a fever of 103. Figured eh, sit it out over the weekend...it got worse. Went to the doc's AGAIN today, and turns out that I now have the flu.

I got raked over the coals by my doc for it too...she'd pushed for me to get the vaccine but I'd put it off. To put it nicely what she said, I need to stop "ignoring my own symptoms and putting off things until they get THIS out of control"...and something about taking care of myself and getting more rest.

Rest? Whuzzzat?

either way, no choice now, can barely move here. ow.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Awww, Searph. I'd give you a ton of grief over delaying, but a: you're already feeling miserable. I think that's covered, and b: I'm not much better, to be honest. Although, I did get a flu shot at work when it was offered. I usually don't but something told me to this year.

Sending virtual hugs, chicken soup, and warm, snuggly blankets your way.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

/wooo, huggles!

Yeaaaah, apparently since I've got a rather idiotic immune system, she said I *have* to get the flu shots every year now. And that I should probably get a chicken pox shot as soon as I'm feeling better. Would rather not keep putting these things off now....after this lovely lesson.

Comment

I've been fighting some form of upper respiratory thing of death and/or nasty cold since October. I'm ready to not be hacking up my lungs, thankyouverymuch.

Feel better soon, Seraph!
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Seraph, stop tempting fate. You know that you're not allowed to have normality.

Take care of yourself. The idiots aren't going to PWNZER themselves, you know.*

* Okay, some of them will, but not nearly enough.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Bronchitis? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Hope you feel better soon, Seraph!

Comment

See I told you to listen to me but noooo you had to be stubborn. Now you have no choice but to listen!

Comment

Aww, poor Seraph.

You really do have a capability for making the universe seem like it's out to get you.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I just got over having Bronchits and a Sinus infection together. I am getting sick of getting sick too. Hopefully the antibiotics get rid of it this time for good.

I already got my flu shot this year and have managed to escape the flu.

Comment

Bronchitis is hell. Totally.

Take care of yourself. At least this way you get a rest from the crazy.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I cannot even begin to imagine ignoring bronchitis.

I've had it once and was so miserable I let my then-hubby drive me to the hospital. (anyone who knows me knows that it takes me being very sick to let anyone else do the driving).

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post

Oh Lord Jesus it's a farr!!
                        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, much appreciated.

Quoth Etna View Post
                          See I told you to listen to me but noooo you had to be stubborn. Now you have no choice but to listen!
                          /whiiiimper

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          You really do have a capability for making the universe seem like it's out to get you.
                          ....I'm fairly sure it actually is. I'm that one Sim that gets locked into a room with no doors. <.<

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post

OH LAWD ITS A FLU

Comment

Working...
                          X