This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's NOT where that goes!

What the hell is it with customers at my store, pulling things out of their cart, they'll pull out an item or two they decide right then and there they don't want, and stick it on the fucking candy display? Hello? I'm standing right here in front of you. Say, "I don't want this" and hand it the fuck to ME! I have a return basket on the floor. Like the counter isn't small enough already?
    "I call murder on that!"

When shopping, I often find odd items that people decided not to buy, and then just left wherever.

Last week, is was a box of 6 ice cream cones, left in the display with Lay's chips... I lifted to box to see if it was still frozen, but it was already completely melted, so I notified a person who worked there so they could clean it up.

People are stupid. If you have to get rid of random stuff, at least give the frozen/refrigerated items to an employee or put it back! If you HAVE to leave items where they don't belong, please only to this to non-food stuff

Comment

Whenever I pick up something, then decide I don't want it, I make a conscious effort to go put the item back in it's proper place. I can't stand it when people leave things like frozen dinners in the Pantine Pro-V section of the store. Besides, doing this just makes the lives of you folks in retail a bit easier. Then again, I'm not the average dumb shopper. I've been in retail before so I kind of feel for those who are in the position now.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Re: Thread Title.

Wow, how'd I end up down here? This looks suspiciously like the gutter.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Wow, how'd I end up down here?
          ...You fell...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

SC's can't put things back where they belong ever. We have a card rack. SC's will remove a card, and put it above, below, left, or right, but they will not be able to put back the card back in the correct slot. They're not wandering around, they haven't moved 1 step away from the card rack. 1 SC equals 15 min. of fixing cards for me.
            Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
            The following is subject to change:
            If Your Going Through Hell,
            Keep Going...

Comment

We just got the christmas logs over here.
              Soon, we'll also get the ice cream logs.
              Soon, I'll have to mop up the mess some retarded douche left when he/she dumped an ice cream log into my normal logs.

Also, when dumping a full LITER of ice cream on my pie table, why is it NEVER the cheap no name brand?

Why the 20$ Breyer's frozen yogurt or Hagen Daasz pregnant woman's flavor of the day?
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post

Why the 20$ Breyer's frozen yogurt or Hagen Daasz pregnant woman's flavor of the day?
                Now that is just WRONG!!! (I <heart> Breyer's ice cream!)

Juwl, I was in a craft store once with my mom and while we were waiting on line I collected a whole armload of stuff from the candy rack - everything from wood-filler pencils to frames to spray glue... When I gave it to the cashier and told her it was stuff that was left in the candy rack she looked somewhat shocked that I would do that.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  What the hell is it with customers at my store, pulling things out of their cart, they'll pull out an item or two they decide right then and there they don't want, and stick it on the fucking candy display? Hello? I'm standing right here in front of you. Say, "I don't want this" and hand it the fuck to ME! I have a return basket on the floor. Like the counter isn't small enough already?
                  You mean your job doesn't include serving as personal assistant and/or slave for every lazy SC you encounter?

I have to admit that this was a personal pet peeve of mine when I worked at a small video games store in a mall. Every single freaking day we would try and organize our titles by system and then alphabetically, both to make it easier for the customers to find what they were looking and to make returning items to the shelves easier for us.

Invariably we'd get numerous variations of the "Where's this - I looked ALL OVER and couldn't find it" question, as well as SCs (especially whiney, loud annoying children) returning stock to pretty much any place in the store except where it belonged.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I haven't given up on organising things yet. I will still rigorously order the kid's books according to author surname, series and book number, even though I know that within ten minutes of completing the task some mother will let her child loose on the store and reduce it to a pile of rubble.

It's a thankless task.

Lately, though, I have been finding that customers seem to think my shop is a great big rubbish bin, particularly Starbucks customers, what with the abundance of coffee cups, sweet wrappers and pastry crumbs I keep finding tucked away with the books and DVD's....
                    Enslaved by WhSmith's since 2005

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      ...You fell got a ladder...
                      Edited for accuracy.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth piratemonkey View Post
                        I haven't given up on organising things yet. I will still rigorously order the kid's books according to author surname, series and book number, even though I know that within ten minutes of completing the task some mother will let her child loose on the store and reduce it to a pile of rubble.
                        Reminds me of when I used to do the Travel section. I'd get it all nice and neat, organized alphabetically by city within each country and by the next day it looked like no had touched it for a month. At some point I gave up...as long as all the books belonged to the country/state that the shelf label said, I was happy.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

i get a kick out of the ones who FILL the cart up , come to me and BUY 3 things IF that in the cart!!!

what was the point

and i have to bring it all back!!! sometimes they are frozen foods we have to claim out!! christ!

Comment

Working...
                          X