Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, I freaking hate drive-thru. Hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand boiling suns. Here's what drives me nuts about the drive-thru at my job:

1. We are timed. We actually have to have your ass in and out of drive thru in 2 and a half minutes. So after I hand you your food, do me a favor and don't sit there at the window looking at yourself in the mirror/talking on the phone/fixing your makeup/all of the above at the same time. Pull into the parking lot and do that crap. Not only does that screw with the druve thru timers, but there are people waiting behind you, and when you take your sweet ass time leaving, guess what they're going to do? They're going to bitch at me about "Why is it taking so long????"

2. Ditto on the morons with their $100 bills at DT. They always seem to do this right after we've switched out the registers and there's only 100 bucks in there total, change and all. I've flat out told people "I can't break this" if I don't have sufficient change. They always say "All I have is a 100" but nine times out of ten when I tell them I can't break it, they magically pull a 10 from their purse/wallet. So, go to a damn bank before you come.

3. Do not order 5 milkshakes at DT and then bitch at me that it takes 10 minutes for them to be prepared. We only have two blenders, and you had to order the hardest freaking ice cream flavor that we have to practically use a chisel, snow shovel, and power drill to get out. You want milkshakes made with real ice cream and milk, you're gonna have to wait a bit. Deal with it. If you don't like it, McDonalds is right down the road.

4. Do not pull up to the speaker and then ask 'Uuuuuuuuuh....what's good here? How is the Nasty Meat and Cheese sandwich? Is it good? How about the Even nastier Meat and Cheese sandwich? Would I like it? I dunno, see I've never been here before, soooooo..." OMFG! If you don't know what the hell you want, come inside. I don;t have the time to listen to you try to make conversation at the speaker. Did I mention we're being timed, asshole? GAH!!!
    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

i enjoy ordering from the lobby better, gives me a chance to rat out some of my all famous corny as heck jokes to me "captive victim(j/k)" but i don't eat pork (health not religious reasons )and i like wendys chicken sandwich meal ($2.99) that does come with strips of bacon, i order inside cause i figure since it is easy 4 drivers and cashiers to make mistakes or not understand each other over a intercom and i'm altering it from the set meal thats offered, and i just enjoy the personal interaction rather than a intercome with a screen

Comment

Quoth CreepyCarrie View Post
        God, I freaking hate drive-thru. Hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand boiling suns. Here's what drives me nuts about the drive-thru at my job:

1. We are timed. We actually have to have your ass in and out of drive thru in 2 and a half minutes. So after I hand you your food, do me a favor and don't sit there at the window looking at yourself in the mirror/talking on the phone/fixing your makeup/all of the above at the same time. Pull into the parking lot and do that crap. Not only does that screw with the druve thru timers, but there are people waiting behind you, and when you take your sweet ass time leaving, guess what they're going to do? They're going to bitch at me about "Why is it taking so long????"....

Did I mention we're being timed, asshole? GAH!!!
        Agree, agree and agree again. Of course I can't completely fault the customer on this - a lot of the times it's just corporate setting unrealstic expectations, especially for periods like Lunch and Dinner rush. Often the amount of time allotted is only enough if everything goes perfectly and things NEVER go perfectly.

And of course most customers who don't know about the timing thing aren't in a hurry anyway - they see nothing wrong with checking their order, munching on a fry and so-on, especially if there's no one in line behind 'em.

I always did appreciate at my McCraphole that you could serve/delete the order as soon as it was out the window, so cars still sitting at my window doing all of the things listed above didn't screw my times.
        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Our timing is based upon the time it takes from cashing it over to when you actually take their money. We sometimes cheat it, if there's no additional orders, by keeping it on the untimed "Order" register, then cash it over to the "Change" register when they hand us the money.

Should've seen the week we had our "Order" register fail. We could only use one order at a time, using the [BREAK IN][CHANGE ORDER] button. So if someone ordered, we could not take another order until theirs was done, change was taken, and food was given. So, we parked everyone. Old bitch in a nice yellow Porsche Boxster refused to drive around. "I had to wait, they should too". Those kinds of people I'm not nice to. "You had to wait because we're having a problem with our registers. I'm not having them wait because you ordered four subs. Pull. Around. Now.

I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Well, some people like the sauce on the side, not necessarily because their obsessive-compulsive, but because they like a certain amount of sauce, and they like to control that amount, since explaining it to the drive thru person will usually not convey what they want. In essence, most of these people are trying to make things EASIER on you by having you put the sauce on the side....this gets them just what they want, (in most cases) without much effort on the establishment's part, and leaving them to do all the work.

No, I am NOT one of those people, actually....I just have a lot of friends that are!
            This is actually a weight-loss technique. If you want sauces, you generally will use less if you dip whatever it is into the sauce/dressing, instead of letting the restaurant put their pre-measured serving size on it for you, and you devouring the whole amount. I do this with salads, expecially when there isn't any low-fat/low-cal dressings that I like. Because I lightly dip each forkfull into the dressing, I end up using far far less dressing than if I were to drown my salad in it or let someone else control my dressing amount. It helps reduce your calorie intake by as much as 70% when eating high-calorie foods. A Big Mac isn't all that high on calories if you eliminate the middle bun, and just lightly dip your sandwich into the sauce for each bite.
            "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
              Our timing is based upon the time it takes from cashing it over to when you actually take their money. We sometimes cheat it, if there's no additional orders, by keeping it on the untimed "Order" register, then cash it over to the "Change" register when they hand us the money.

Should've seen the week we had our "Order" register fail. We could only use one order at a time, using the [BREAK IN][CHANGE ORDER] button. So if someone ordered, we could not take another order until theirs was done, change was taken, and food was given. So, we parked everyone. Old bitch in a nice yellow Porsche Boxster refused to drive around. "I had to wait, they should too". Those kinds of people I'm not nice to. "You had to wait because we're having a problem with our registers. I'm not having them wait because you ordered four subs. Pull. Around. Now.
              Our McCraples worked almost the same, except in theory we couldn't "serve" (read: delete) the order until we had actually given the food to the customer. In reality everyone from management on down collectively said "Screw that!" and would serve the order as soon as possible. And if we only had one car in line, we'd cheat the same way as you do: keep the either in our heads or in an untimed register until money exchanged hands, and then *bloop* order served!

As far as parking orders, I think that's another Fast Food rule: If I ask you to park it's NOT because I like dealing with your attitude, I'm mad at you or I want to admire the rear-end of your souped-up 85 Nova. It's because your $50 order during the peak of our dinner rush actually does take more then 90 seconds to produce, assclown.
              Last edited by Alpha Strike; 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM. Reason: Reducing Quote length
              Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Right. We're the first resturaunt off the highway, so all the time we get orders for just a medium soda, or a soda with two breadsticks. They just want to get off the highway, get a drink and something to nibble on, and get right back on the highway. They don't want to wait 5 minutes for your subs.
                I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Working...
                X