Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never act upon it, because I would never want that to happen to my car (but then again I don't park like that), but my blood boils when I see some asshole taking up multiple spots to "protect" the vehicle. It's always either a fancy car, a sports car, an SUV, OR some horrid dilapidated pile of shit that's guilty of doing it.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
      My Dad and Stepmom just bought a Porsche Cayman, and had someone key their car a week or so ago while at the mall. When they told us, that they tend to park between 2 spots in the parking lot, Both my and my wife said that with allot of people, that's an open invitation to key your car.
      I have no problem with people taking up two spots most of the time. I just bought a new car and I'll take up more than one spot, but I'll also park as far out in the lot as I can. If there aren't a lot of empty spaces at the back of the lot or it's a small parking lot I park normally. But if you park your car in a spot close to the front of the lot, then your car is fair game.

Unrelated parking stupidity:
      As I was pulling into the Best Buy parking lot today a FedEx truck was trying to get to the loading dock (which is in the front of the building because the BB is in a mall) but he was having some trouble because of where some idiot parked. This wasn't a regular FedEx truck that delivers things to your house, this was a FedEx freight truck with a 48ft trailer. The parking lot is weird and it's hard to explain if you haven't seen it, so I made a crappy picture in Paint.

The loading dock looks like it's hard enough to get into even if there aren't cars where they shouldn't be. I'm guessing this BB usually gets there deliveries when the mall is closed, but the FedEx driver didn't have that option so he was stuck trying to back into the loading dock with one trailer already in there and some idiots SUV in the way.
      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
        I have no problem with people taking up two spots most of the time. I just bought a new car and I'll take up more than one spot, but I'll also park as far out in the lot as I can. If there aren't a lot of empty spaces at the back of the lot or it's a small parking lot I park normally. But if you park your car in a spot close to the front of the lot, then your car is fair game.
        Exactly. I got uber-pissed when I got to work today and after getting excited about a close parking spot, realized some idiot parked in two, and left *almost* enough room for my car next to him. Although I wanted to park almost on his car and be a bitch, I didn't want to be nasty to the person on the other side of the spot, who parked like a normal person.

I don't know that I'd ever key someone's car, but I've got no qualms about parking uber close just to show you what a jackass you're being. My car is a couple years old and has multiple accidents under her belt. One more dent isn't going to faze me. Plus, having worked as a valet, I can get a big car into a tiny spot, no problem.
        Last edited by myswtghst; 11-17-2007, 03:05 AM. Reason: I can spell!
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

ok first i may have been inthe wrong BUT i was realy MAD!!!

I HAD TO have my son crawl to the other side in the back( he sits behind me ...a pet peeve so i can see him in the mirror) for this lady was UP on MY driver side!
          SOOOO damn close she was Touching my Side Mirror
          So( she was loading her crap in the trunk) she was smiling as i was trying to figure out what to do! YES i should have just crawled into the car or Wait till she left...but as i rememer i had a camera in the glove( my dads pet peeve)
          i took it out and snapped a pic of the way she was parked. LOL
          she looks at me and asked me in a mono-toned voice why i was taking pics of our cars?
          i said "so when you report your damage to the insurance company i will show them what lovely parking you have done!

She then freaks out and screams "what damage?"

I precceeded to SQUEEZE in between us and SLAM!!!!!!!! open my Door to her SIDE-DOOR!
          "THAT DAMAGE"
          OMG was her reaction im calling the police!
          i said good and i wilL gladly use up the film and show them what an ass you are...

and drove OFF into the sun set

Comment

Normally, I get pissed at the asshats that take up more than one space. Or park so badly in one space that they might as well be taking up two spaces. One I saw at the mall though, I don't blame them for taking up 4, yes 4, spaces. The car in question was a brand-spankin' new, shiny, black, sexy as hell, should have been in a brown paper wrapper Viper. I think I might have drooled on it.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

http://www.tardsite.com/parkmuch.htm

relevant to the thread.

Comment

Working...
              X