This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a name

I'm delivery and installing some furniture. What should have been a relatively easy day was an unbelievable clusterfuck because of inadequate plans and incorrect plans. Details weren't clear and details weren't verified. One such detail was just who the fuck my client was. I had a few people coming around who were barking orders and instructions. Due to what they were telling me and the product not matching my plans, I spent the morning on my phone rather than actually working.

After dealing with that treat, we had to finish things off with a couple of office suites. Real simple, just tell me what office they go to. Oh, the designer doesn't know, but "they" will. This just struck a nerve with me. I just spent my morning trying to clean up your clusterfuck because you are too fucking lazy to do your job correctly, and now all I need is a fucking office number, and you won't give me that, I'm supposed to ask "them". I reply back "who are "they"? I need the name of the person who is making this decision."

I was worried that this was a little snippy and sassy, but decided to hell with it. This asshat needs to realize that his little lazy shenanigans piss me off and I'm not just going to kiss his ass.

He comes back with an excuse: he doesn't know who was showing up today so he doesn't know who I should ask. Good enough for me. I check in with the first person I see, whom has no idea where it should go. Good enough for me, we're placing it in the hall here, call us back in when you figure it out.

If and when we have to go back to place this stuff, let the 3-way dance begin between my office, the designer and the client over who is paying for the return trip, I'm all out of fucks to give.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Reminding us again there’s a very good reason why we have a Morons in Management category here.

It’s not like putting someone in charge of this would be complicated.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Ultimately, it's on my MiM for allowing a customer to pull this kind of crap, or charging them such exuberant amounts that they learn the lesson, but in this case, it was the designer being a lazy twat that I'm holding responsible. If he can't make it to site to actually earn his ridiculous paycheque, the least he can do is ask a few questions.
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

If I was having a job done,I would be sure to inform the people doing it of who they were doing it for,who's in charge and how to get in touch with them in case of major problems.
        But then I wasn't having a lie-in when common sense was being handed out...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

We recently had some work done on our new home. Everyone had my sweetie's number, everyone had my number, they also had a friend's number (he has a key) AND if they couldn't reach anyone at those numbers, they had my mother's phone number. (She's out of state, but If I see her number on my phone, I stop everything (or pull over) so I can answer that call.)

Oddly enough, they never had to call my mother, probably because they had 3 other working numbers and never needed to stand around on OUR time waiting for someone to show up.

Comment

EvilHomer, you're being too nice. When told "They will know" I would have responded with "Found uniformed manager, was instructed to install desks in room 35-B. Commencing install. Slightly confused why installation manager for *client company* was wearing a *pizza delivery company* shirt, but orders are orders."

And make sure you cc at least 3 upper-management types into the email. Client, too, if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X