This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess this will go on my permanent record

A woman comes in today with just a receipt. Great. She was there on Sunday and bought 4 Red Bulls but was charged for 7. Cashier said the register was running slow and it rang up multiple times. She didn't notice at the time of the transaction or that day. I'm not handling this one and I page the manager. Well, the store manager was at lunch and the on-duty manager was on the phone.

She kept asking me if I could give her back her $7.50. I said that I'd rather have a manager do it. I've never seen this woman before and her story kinda made sense since our registers do tend to freeze up at times. But I'm not blindly giving back money with no proof.

Manager comes out she gives her story and he says "Let's go to the video tape!". She's just kind of pacing around the front end while he's in the back. He comes back out and starts to do the refund. She starts in wanting to know the regional manager, district manager, congressmen, news anchors and the neighbor's dog names to complain. Manager just gives her the 800 number to call.

And this is where my part of trouble may come in. A coworker came up while the manager was in the office and I told her the story. I don't think the woman was close enough to hear me but she may have been. I didn't say it very loud and I kept it to the details I wrote above. Didn't say the woman was a bitch or a kook.

If anything even comes of this I may get a talking to and that will be the end of it. Yeah, I know I was wrong saying anything while the woman was still there but she was a bitch and annoyed that I just wouldn't give her the refund. I don't feel bad for the way I handled things with her.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I hope there's no trouble ... I've found myself on the verge of saying "Can you BELIEVE that??" a few times when the customer was still in the store. Whether they were within earshot, I don't know.

So far I've been lucky ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Well, got an update. Yesterday I overheard the assistant manager asking a coworker about it so I jumped in and told him what happened. Well most of it. And he said that her complaint was what I said, she was mad that we just didn't take her at her word and just give her the refund. She didn't ask for my name or the manager's name so I should've guessed I'd be fine.

And I know what you mean about the eye rolling. I have to work very hard to keep my reactions in check in some situations and knock on wood I've been extremely lucky. Maybe I still have a shot to have a career as a professional poker player.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Who needs acting school when you can just have several years in retail?

Comment

Working...
        X