Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure I want to go prison for your big sale.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    Heh, I'm frightened to see how much red tape would be involved in international transfer of firearms.
    Not much. You just need a fast boat, low flying plane, or grease the right palms...
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

pics are fine and free
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
        Reading your tag line, are you in the Great White North? Sorry I don't know the Maple leaf laws.
        Nope, I'm a Brit, so I tend to giggle hysterically when you complain about tight gun control laws as they all seem terrifyingly lax to me.

I also don't live in a part of the world where large parts of the country have genuine cause to worry about bears, wolves, or other dangerous wild-life as part of their daily life, so it's hard to wrap my head around the American love for guns. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          Nope, I'm a Brit, so I tend to giggle hysterically when you complain about tight gun control laws as they all seem terrifyingly lax to me.

I also don't live in a part of the world where large parts of the country have genuine cause to worry about bears, wolves, or other dangerous wild-life as part of their daily life, so it's hard to wrap my head around the American love for guns. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
          No joke there.
          *not making fun of you* But I just wonder how some people who can't see any reason for me to have what I have and do what I do, will watch every and any TV or movie showing just that.
          How you went down the slope of banning types of guns and down the chain of weapons to now even cheap plastic fork/spoon/knife sets are banned for for 18 and under to buy. I don't want to end up like that.

Funny quirk is suppressors or "silencers" are heavily controlled here but are no controls there and it's considered rude not it use one.

I had a Scout show up to camp one year and he had to tell me about his friends "deactivated" #1Mk3 Enfield. Deact..oh crap you from England? Yep- he was from here and I guess the mum and dad had the $$$$ to send him back here for Scout summer camp from London. I decided to make his summer and let him shoot my "active" one.
          He was thrilled and could brag to his buddy now. He wanted to keep the now empty and inert casing. I was like sure....wait..er-no. I had a mental image of him proned out at Heathrow with 8 BOBBY-SWAT standing over him due to a piece of brass.
          Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 04-06-2018, 03:04 PM.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

We're not that paranoid Also, it's actually a myth that "all types" of weapons are banned. the only actual ban is on handguns and anything automatic, though semi-autos are limited to where there's not much point (I think you're limited to less than 10 rounds per magazine or something.)

Comment

Working...
            X