• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An SC's threat...yeah right! Long

Mods: If this post belongs elsewhere, please move it

Cast of Characters:
    SC=One guess
    A= Awesome general manager (one grade below the franchise owner)
    NSC=Non-sucky customer
    T=former CW
    C=former store manager
    and of course, yours truly

BACKGROUND:
    This info I gathered from A & C: Last season T apparently did an unauthorized return after telling NSC her mother claimed her as a dependent and it would not be worth her while to file. How did T know this, you ask (also volunteering such info is technically a violation of company confidentially policies and financial privacy laws). Well she didn't. She filed in NSC's name and had the refund and an advance loan loaded to an prepaid debit card which our megatax chain is promoting (technically a cross promo with the issuing bank). That's right identity theft, wire fraud and other crimes (IANAL, so anyone with legal training is welcome to list the crimes committed here).
    NSC went to another office of megachain with a different owner, and the SM there did a lookup and found that a return had been filed and the refunds had been loaded onto a prepaid debit card. NSC then contacted A and the franchise owner. T was confronted about this matter at the year-end banquet (I couldn't make it because Mrs. TGK & I had to meet with BIL and a social worker about MIL--we can share notes with MoonCat). It was made clear in no uncertain terms that T's career as a preparer was done right there.
    A found some other malfeasance on T's part. For quite a few that custys T worked, she omitted state returns--as Illinois is in such bad shape financially, the state has been going after such unfiled returns and that has bitten these customers in the backside. Also this nonsense has compelled the franchise owners to eat the prep fees for those state returns. A also found some incidences where T put in the wrong figure for withholdings.
    I don't want to know what T was thinking---assuming, for the sake of argument, she was.
    As for C:
    She was not maintaining the minimum hours for an SM and copped an attitude with the franchise owner. She was done for this season as of Valentine's and may or may not be back next year.
    END BACKGROUND

This came from A:

With C out of the picture as SM, A had been filling that role. Early March, SC asked for T. As I was in the thick of a return (an appointment which gets served first), A gave SC a clipboard with an information sheet to fill out and sign. SC asked what that was for, A replied that the form was required for T's former clients especially those pulling shenanigans. SC was visibly miffed and asked for the manager. A replied that she is the regional manager.
    A left shortly thereafter leaving me alone with my appointment, SC and her boyfriend. SC kept carrying on about how rude A was and asked if there was anyone over A's head. I gave her the number to the franchise owner's base of operations. SC called and A answered. (This was L's standard procedure BTW: cry to the regional office before they got the sense to ban him).
    Good riddance. End of story so we thought.
    SC has her return done elsewhere (Green Square we can hope) and still did not get results to her liking (can't imagine why). Now SC called A direct and demanded that you do "What T did" or she would blow the whistle on T. A gave a response like a certain Clint Eastwood character.
    So T was doing other shenanigans and SC effectively admitted that she knew about it and benefited.
    Truth is truly stranger than fiction.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Does that make SC an accomplice before the fact, or after? Probably both, as I doubt it only happened once... First time they were probably curious why they did so well, and henceforth requested that "special service" again. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

So, wait, SC was going to blow the whistle on the person who apparently helped her previously to dodge tax law, or whatever it was she wanted done? Was she that stupid? I hope someone told her you already know all about T and "what she did". It's lovely when you can take the wind out of some SC's sails like that
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        So, wait, SC was going to blow the whistle on the person who apparently helped her previously to dodge tax law, or whatever it was she wanted done?
        A and I think SC threat referred to the IRS.
        Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Was she that stupid?
        Or she thought A was
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

"You don't agree with me? Well, I'll just POOP MY PANTS IN FRONT OF YOU and THEN we'll see who the REAL idiot is, won't we?!"

That's what I imagine these people think....
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            "You don't agree with me? Well, I'll just POOP MY PANTS IN FRONT OF YOU and THEN we'll see who the REAL idiot is, won't we?!"
            Thanks, I needed that laugh.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"You don't agree with me? Well, I'll just POOP MY PANTS IN FRONT OF YOU and THEN we'll see who the REAL idiot is, won't we?!"...
              "You can't claim I'm FOS when I'm not and my shorts are!"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                That's right identity theft, wire fraud and other crimes (IANAL, so anyone with legal training is welcome to list the crimes committed here).
                What about that little box preparers have to sign that says something along the lines of "this is true to the best of my knowledge"? Isn't saying that when you know otherwise, I don't know, equivalent to perjury?
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

SC might be able to through T under the bus and claim that they are victims. Somehow, I doubt that they will get away with it.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

You're assuming that they are thinking, Agra.
                    Attached Files

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Hope they have the right pants on.
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
                      X