X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you serious?

Me: "Thank you for calling bank, this is me, how can I help you?"
    SC: "Yeah, what's the balance in my checkins account? (and I'd like to know when the term became "checkins" and not "checking", because I get that on almost EVERY call)
    Me: "$32.23"
    SC: "oh, ok so if I go to the ATM and take out $20 I'll be negative?"
    Me: "... no sir. you're balance is $32.23."
    *long pause*
    Me: "sir?"
    SC:"Uh yeah... so.... I won't be negative?"
    Me: "no sir..."
    SC: "so... uh... when will I be negative then?"
    Me: 'if.. you...spend more then $32.23..."
    *long pause*
    SC: "uhh.....*click*"

"I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
    - Office Space

I can hear the fizzing and crackling and short-circuiting sounds from here.
    You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

The title of the thread and your name makes me think of a livejournal icon based on some Harry Potter charachters.

There's a reason I had to stop reading fanfic.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        There's a reason I had to stop reading fanfic.
        Funny; I've been on a Doctor Who fic-writing streak.

Back On Topic: OW, my brain. I'd ask if he had an accent, maybe forgot the english numbering system or got confused, but I know it was just raw stupidity.

Comment

My brain just melted. And I could hear a stereotype hick accent in there too.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Oh God, now I'm hearing the dueling of the banjos!!!!
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

What I don't get is people who call in to me to make "payment arraignments", which in our world is either a post dated check or nothing, only to be told "AH DON'T GOTS NO CHECKIN ACCOUNTS". Always said with the tone that they are tired of being told they need to have one.

WTF? Don't most people get a checking account set up at their parents' bank when they're teenagers? How can you go through life without one? How do you pay bills or cash paychecks? I don't think there's any bank around here that will cash a check for someone if they don't have an account. Granted I write maybe 1-2 checks a month at the most, but my bank debit card is what I use for like 99.9999999999999% of the transactions I do on a daily basis. I seriously could not function without it.

I mean, you may be happy with stuffing your money in the mattress and paying all your bills as the local convenience store-slash-bait shop, but don't get insulted when someone expects you to live in the 21rst century.
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

To be fair I only have a savings account that I use for everything. I had my account opened when I was but a wee little lad and continue to use it to this day. Bills are all paid online or in person I have no reason at all to write a cheque for anything. The monthly fees on my savings account are lower than any checking my bank offers so I just stick with what I have.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                  WTF? Don't most people get a checking account set up at their parents' bank when they're teenagers? How can you go through life without one? How do you pay bills or cash paychecks? I don't think there's any bank around here that will cash a check for someone if they don't have an account. Granted I write maybe 1-2 checks a month at the most, but my bank debit card is what I use for like 99.9999999999999% of the transactions I do on a daily basis. I seriously could not function without it.
                  Not everyone has a checking account. Not everyone wants one. You can pay bills in cash at the main office or with money orders or prepaid credit cards you can get at CVS or something if you want. And most banks will cash a check drawn on an account in their bank for someone even if that person doesn't have an account with them. You just need two forms of ID and sometimes they charge like a $5 fee.

I'm better with cash. You don't have to worry about accounting mishaps and overdraft fees or anything. You can't spend what you don't have
                  "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth F**kYouForCalling View Post
                    Me: "$32.23"
                    SC: "oh, ok so if I go to the ATM and take out $20 I'll be negative?"
                    Me: "... no sir. you're balance is $32.23."
                    *long pause*
                    SC:"Uh yeah... so.... I won't be negative?"
                    That's RIGHT sir! Because 32.23 is a BIGGER number than 20! Do you see how that works?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Im going to go stab my brain with a q-tip now.........
                      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Huh. I didn't know I could survive after having this many brain cells die.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I see the advantages of cash, but it's major disadvantage is it's largely untraceable and that makes nervous to use it for certain things.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Thanks for not coming by my desk to tell me that. My brain was already dead enough the other day.

Comment

About the question of account negativity, I can certain understand your point. Nothing frustrates me more than trying to explain what seems like common sense to me to a clueless nitwit. I try to boil things down to the simplest possible terms when I have to explain anything to anyone, and when someone still doesn't get a clue it just drives me crazy. What part of DUH! do you not understand?

As for not having a checking account, I don't see that as such a big deal. A person can always buy money orders at the post office or any number of stores to send payments by mail or use Western Union to transfer money. There are tons of stores which offer check cashing services for a fee. It would be more hassle than I care to deal with personally, but it is possible to get by on a cash and carry basis. The only cash I carry is the small personal allowance I take out of checking for lunches or whatever else I want to buy for myself while I'm at places like work or school. Plus, it seems like I'm always finding change lost by others, and I'm not too bashful to pick up even a stray penny for keeps. The only way I won't is if it's stuck in the middle of a disgusting mess of mystery goo in the restroom, like I saw the other day.

The only reason I have a checking account is because my wife and I both receive our paychecks via direct deposit. I think it's just a much easier way to go. I always have the money on my check card, and I can draw out cash at work whenever I want. I know how to keep the drawer straight even though we technically don't offer the cash back option. It's just a perk of being the clerk on duty.
                              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                              X