Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats . . .

I swear, it must have been a full moon or something on Sunday night. We weren't slammed, but would get rushes of customers every few minutes at random intervals. I was attempting to finish up a transaction with two people, an older man and his even older mother, I was assuming, when 'she' came. I was trying to explain to my current set of customers that I was out of $1 bills, hence the reason why I gave them their change back in quarters instead. The lady finally got this guy to shut up and quit pestering me by saying she would just use them for the coin laundry. I could have hugged her. I hadn't had a chance to ask a sup for the bills yet because I had just run out.

(OMFG you mean it's the same thing?! When will people learn that money spends the same? ><)

Anywho . . .

Me: *trying to explain to this idiot that I don't have two one dollar bills to give him and wishing he would STFU so maybe I could get him some*

Loony: "Excuse me. EXCUSE ME."

Me: >< Yes?

Loony: "Tea."

I finally usher away the dollar bill man and turn back to her.

Me: "I'm sorry ma'am, what did you need help finding?"

L: *smacks herself in the head in a "Oh my god I'm surrounded by morons" manner* Tea.

Me: "What kind of tea?"

L: *seemingly infuriated that I cannot read minds, or that there is more than one kind of tea one may find in a grocery store* "You know. TEA. In. A. Container. That. You. Pour. Out."

Yes, this was accompanied by hand motions and spoken very slowly.

Me: "Oh, that's on the back wall by the dairy case."

L: "The WHERE?"

Me: "Straight back that way, after the milk and eggs."

L: "Ugh, fine. I'm going to go find someone who knows how to tell people how to find things."

Shortly after, a sup comes to tell me that I can go clock out for lunch. I have never left a register so fast in my life. As I was headed towards the time clock, I noticed Loony approaching the service desk, then being watched by our newest sup, and asks her the SAME thing. (OMG how hard is it to find the dairy case?) Sup says she will help the lady find the tea herself in just a moment, as she had just been paged to the office. When she passed me in the hall, I let her know the woman was nuts. I think she wanted to cry; she strikes me so far as the type who doesn't take personal insults well. She goes back to the desk and says she'll walk back to the tea with the lady herself to help her find it.

Sup: "Ma'am, come with me, I'll help you find the tea."

L: *suspicious blink* "Are you talking to me?"

Heaven help me, these people should be on a leash.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Where's the tea again?....lol.

Comment

You should have said it's by the Dairy section- with the MILK -*makes cow-milking motions case* and EGGS- you know those things laid by chickens- *makes chicken wing flap motions*.

Oh- gotta say it...

And Their coming to take me away! HA HA!
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

SC: "You know...TEA."
        Me: "Well, since you're so insistent...it's between the S and the U."
        SC: "H-huh?"
        Me: "Oh fine, if I must, I can sing the whole thing..."

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          Me: "What kind of tea?"

L: *seemingly infuriated that I cannot read minds, or that there is more than one kind of tea one may find in a grocery store* "You know. TEA. In. A. Container. That. You. Pour. Out."

Yes, this was accompanied by hand motions and spoken very slowly.
          Yes, because tea doesn't come: in tea bags, loose in a box, in bottles and in various other forms.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Interestingly, EVERYONE makes these hand motions at a hardware store. Every request has a pantomime. I can't fathom why.

I need a hammer. *air hammer*
            Yeah, I need a screwdriver. *wrist twist*
            Do you have a wrench? *tightens invisible bolt*

I wanna see someone ask for something really complex.

Look, I'm going to need a drill press...

More to the point, the dairy case is, like, the easiest thing to find in any store. You know, coolers? That. You. Use. To. Keep. Milk. Cold.
            Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
            {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Quoth MrDelirious View Post
              Interestingly, EVERYONE makes these hand motions at a hardware store. Every request has a pantomime. I can't fathom why.

I need a hammer. *air hammer*
              Yeah, I need a screwdriver. *wrist twist*
              Do you have a wrench? *tightens invisible bolt*

I wanna see someone ask for something really complex.

Look, I'm going to need a drill press...

More to the point, the dairy case is, like, the easiest thing to find in any store. You know, coolers? That. You. Use. To. Keep. Milk. Cold.

I want to see someone mime out expanding dyna bolts or something similar
              It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

Heh. Or go to Compusa and mime out 2gb of ddr ram?

Comment

Some people should be restrained, leashed, and muzzled, to preserve the sanity of the public.

.....They're comming to take me away HE HE HO HO to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time...
                  Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                  The following is subject to change:
                  If Your Going Through Hell,
                  Keep Going...

Comment

I've gotten those kinds of people before; cept they usually say, "You have to show me where it is," when I'm on a checkout, and therefore can't leave the checkout... *head desk* That's when I tell them they have to wait a couple of minutes for a supervisor and they decide they can't wait that long.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

/off topic

SOMEONE acutally remembers that song from the early 1970's refered to in the OP title??????????

Gods I loved that song.

/back to the regular rant
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yes, my Dad had taped one of the Dr. Demento shows aired on the radio. We used to listen to it in the car a lot.
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post

Loony: "Excuse me. EXCUSE ME."

Me: >< Yes?

Loony: "Tea."

I finally usher away the dollar bill man and turn back to her.

Me: "I'm sorry ma'am, what did you need help finding?"

L: *smacks herself in the head in a "Oh my god I'm surrounded by morons" manner* Tea.
                          Okay, that part right there was enough for me to start looking for things in the rafters to hang myself from. I HATE it when customers can't be bothered to speak to me in complete sentences, but I HATE it even more when they get all superior and aggro about it, as if, clearly, only idiots spoke in complete sentences.

I feel this need, deep inside of me, to figure out what words I can use to victimize the brain of the customer who does this to me.

Me: Hi there, how are you today?

Customer: Dehumidifier.

Me: The Wizard of Oz.

Customer: What?
                          Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                          mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Quoth xlr82xs View Post
                            I want to see someone mime out expanding dyna bolts or something similar
                            Actually, I was thinking of a female/female cat 5 cable splice mime.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

They're coming to take me away,
                              Haha, they're coming to take me away,
                              Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha,
                              To the funny farm
                              Where Life is Beautiful all the time
                              And I'll be happy to see
                              Those Nice Young Men
                              In their Clean White Coats
                              And they're coming to take me AWAY,
                              HA HAAAAA

click here if you want the rest

I might need to find that for my iPod...
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X