Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Food has some pretty sucky customers...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth kibbles View Post
    Sorry gotta disagree with you there, while I'm sure most of these claims have been false..it's not out of the realm of possibility for this to happen. I've had bugers that came without the meat, parts of the order missing, etc. So it is possible that some claims are valid.
    But I do believe that the OP was talking about their specific place of employment. I do believe that orders can be missing parts, but for food to be frozen when it's only kept refridgerated? Those are the really wild claims.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
      Sorry gotta disagree with you there, while I'm sure most of these claims have been false..it's not out of the realm of possibility for this to happen. I've had bugers that came without the meat, parts of the order missing, etc. So it is possible that some claims are valid.
      I think the poster is going from his/her own experience and is probably correct about the scammers at his/her establishment.

Back during my days in fast food, we would have customers with unrealistic complaints. You ordered 8 big-mega-uber-cheeseburgers and two fries and ALL the burgers were missing. We're a small place. Trust me, we would remember an hour ago. Heck, we'd remember yesterday. So the good news is you weren't charged for said burgers. Liar.

Or people saying they had hair in their chicken (most common chicken complaint) and wanted us to comp an 8pc. When we stopped selling chicken the year before. Or we shorted their 2 small cheeseburgers on overnight when we don't offer small cheeseburgers on overnight.

Food scammers are greedy and many times give themselves away. Why comp one of two burgers when you can go for 8. On a list of 20 names (we took down names of people who we were getting free food and kept them on a list), there were always two or three with a name like Willie Nelson, Snow White (I kid you not) or the like.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Agreed. There were loads of scammers at the pizza place who'd try and claim that their pizza was sent out cold or burnt. Firstly, we know damn well that the driver was sent out straight away with his padded insulated box to your house 20 minutes ago; seeing as the other people who got their pizza after you got warm pizza there's no way yours was cold. As for burnt pizza, the oven we used was a conveyor belt one; you stick the raw pizza on it at the prep end, it goes thru and comes out to be sliced and boxed; it CAN'T BURN. Unless you shove it back in, there is no way pizza can burn. That's how we always knew these people were scammers. Oh yeah, and don't forget the woman who claimed she found a long blonde hair in her pizza. None of the staff working there at the time had long blonde hair... but the woman who made the complaint did.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Scooley01 View Post
          If I repeat your food in a different order back to you, DON'T FREAK OUT. I know the cheapest way to ring things up, and I will attempt to do so.

Trust me, I'm saving you money, stop freaking out!
          Hmmmm....is this a common thing? Because if they often freak out, I have a simple solution to this:

Fuck 'em.

Ring the order in JUST as they ordered it, and stop being nice and saving them money. These independently wealthy mental giants obviously don't want your help with their finances.

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          ...when every *single* register is open with a light on...some old bat will still have the gall to say "They need to bring out more cashiers!"
          "Lady, we can bring out more cashiers, no problem. But would you kindly let us know where you see any unused registers we could put them at?!?!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Why Jester, from the mythical back room of course! Don't you know, we keep everything in there from extra cashiers and tills to any stock that's not on the shelves. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth MaverickGypsy View Post
              When I was working in fast food, we HAD to ask if people wanted fries or a drink if they didn't order it. It was frustrating and I hated doing it but we never knew if it was a very frequent 'mystery shopper' or not.

Ugh. I hated doing suggestive selling and upselling - annoying as hell, especially since I've never enjoyed pushing items on people. Of course both these tactics were actually a part of the required 6 step process for selling food to people at McDonalds. Yes, 6 steps. Oy Veh.
              Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

We aren't required to upsell, but we sell all of our meals (Chicken Biscuit Side Drink) without the side and drink for cheaper...so when someone says "I want the seven tender deal" you have to ask whether they meant the combo or not. Most of the time it's not an issue, but some people get rude about it, like I'm supposed to magically know what the hell they meant. I notice the people that DID mean the full meal are usually nicer about it than the ones that meant just chicken and biscuit :\

Oh, and another thing: don't give me exact change unless you've already got it counted out. By the time I sit here for 2 minutes waiting for you to count the pennies in your purse, I could have already had your change, reciept, and drink out.

And I don't know if every place is like this, but that commercial where the whole restaurant is moving to the music until the guy with cash gets to the register slows everyone down is total crap...it takes longer for cards than for cash because we have to swipe the card, wait for it to authorize, then get them to sign the receipt. I'd much rather be handed a $20 bill and count out change.

Comment

I like the cards. They don't sign unless it's $25 bucks and over. And the receipt is at the next window.

I just wish we had HEAT! It gets cold, the wind blowing in, I'm bundled up to high heaven, my cheeks are PURPLE, and people ask if I'm cold. No, I'm hot and this is making me sweat so much...dumbasses

Comment

Working...
                  X