This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm the customer! I come first!"

For some reason the calls this week at work have gone straight down the crapper.

Where's everyone's holiday cheer?

(note: this first call is NOT from last week, but I left it out before to keep a previous post from running long)

Darling Daughter, Indeed

This call was from October 18

SC: My daughter lost her phone on the 13th and didn't tell me because she didn't want to get in trouble. Well she fessed up and it looks like whoever had it ran up a pretty high bill.
    M: Yes, I am showing almost $500 in usage charges here.
    SC: Yeah, I'm going to need a credit for all of that.
    As I review the bill, I notice the crazy usage is from the whole bill period, not just from the 13th forward
    M: Ok so you said she lost it on the 13th right?
    SC: Yeah.
    M: Well our standard rule is that the customer is responsible for all charges up until the time the phone is reported lost, but in this case I will make an exception.
    SC: Thank you.
    M: Ok, so the total credit is $76.20
    SC: Ummm, what?
    M: The credit will be $76.20
    SC: No way, it's got to be way more than that. What's going on here?
    M: Well you said she lost it on the 13th and I just reviewed the usage from the 13to the 17th and the total is $76.20
    SC: $76.20????
    M: Yes, for usage charges across the five days from the 13th to the 17th.
    SC: FIVE days??? The phone was lost on SEPTEMBER 13!
    M: Your daughter waited over a MONTH to tell you her phone had been swiped by someone and you want us to credit all these charges?
    SC: Yeah...she was afraid of getting in trouble for losing it.
    M: Oh...just a moment please (review acct with Sup, she was willing to give him the $76.20, but not a whole month's worth of usage because his little angel didnt' fess up). Well I just spoke with my Supervisor and unfortunately if the phone was lost over a month ago we can't offer any more credit on these charges.
    SC: Well that sucks...I can't afford this bill...I guess I'll have to cancel.

Ok so you can't afford your phone bill and your solution is to tack on $600 in termination fees? If you say so.

Wheelchairs welcome

M: Unfortunately, I can't offer any credit, these are valid usage charges.
    SC: I don't believe this, why not?
    M: Well because you've recieved credit for this same issue three times before, you were told if it happened again you'd be responsible for the charges.
    SC: This isn't fair, you should help me out, I'm a valid customer!
    (right ok, so you should get a credit but poor old Milton in the wheelchair is SOL??)
    M: As I said, you have been educated about this before, there will be no credit.

And this my friends, is the future of our society. Be afraid, be very afraid.

I come first!

SC: I was in a <company> store last month going over my bills and one of the reps noticed I am being charged $10/month for unlimited evening and weekend minutes. There must be some kind of error, I already have that in my plan.
    M: Well I see here it is included in your plan, the $10 option appears it was for an older plan that didn't include it. I show it's been billing since you changed plans in September of 2006. $10 a month over 14 months would be $140 you've been billed for something you already had.
    SC: I can't believe I didn't notice it until now. We need to fix this right away.
    Typically for billing errors we go back only 60 days, but I see in the account the customer is one of our more valued ones, so my sup allows me go back SEVEN months and credit $70, I explain this to him.)
    SC: Excuse me? Only $70? Oh no no no, I want the whole $140. This is YOUR responsibility, you guys screwed up, you were the ones who made the mistake, you should be the ones who fix it!
    M: Well sir, I do understand an error was made when setting up your plan, but it is YOUR responsibility to be checking your bills regularly and contacting us in a timely manner about any errors. It's not our fault it went unnoticed for so long.
    SC: I am NOT accepting $70. This was YOUR error! I will not pay for something you guys messed up. I'm the customer, I come FIRST! I want my $140. NOW.
    M: Sir, our usual policy is to only go back 60 days, we are going back over THREE times that much for you in this case.
    SC: Maybe you didn't hear me. I WANT my $140.

Ok, so he didn't ask directly for a sup, but my sup approved the $70 and this guy wanted more so I didn't know what to do. I escalated it and the sup just told him what I did, that it was his job to check his bills regularly and he wasn't going to get his $140.

This guy pissed me off. How the hell is it OUR fault that you missed an apparent error on your bill for OVER A YEAR?? If you bought something at wal-mart and tried to return it 14 months later because of a defect you just noticed, they'd laugh you out of the place.

Lawyer, Ho!

Gotta love this acct note I came across:

CUST CALLED IN VERY UPSET ABOUT BILLING AND USAGE CHARGES. EDU CUST THOSE ARE VALID CHARGES AND NO CREDIT IS DUE. USED FOUL LANGUAGE AND AGAIN DEMANDED HIS CREDIT. APPARENTLY HAS BEEN HAVING SERVICE PROBLEMS WITH US, THREATENED TO SUE ME IF I HUNG UP ON HIM, THEN DEMANDED TO SPEAK TO SUP, THEN THREATENED TO SUE SUP IF HE DIDN'T GET CREDIT

Suing someone for hanging up on you? Yeah I'd like to see the lawyer who would take that case! Why do customers think a legal threat will IMMEDIATELY make us bow to their wishes?? You would think someone would clue them in that saying they'll talk to a lawyer about it usually won't prompty much of a response.

Say my name, Say my name

This guy was nice enough, but I'll labe him AC for annoying customer, you'll find out in a moment.

M: My name is Steve, how can I help you?
    AC: Well Steve, I need to activate a phone.
    M: Ok, well I'll need the serial number first, the ESN
    AC: Ok Steve, is that on the back of the phone Steve?
    M: Yes, underneath the battery.
    AC: Sure Steve, I'll just take out the battery. Ok I have the number Steve, it's XXXXXXXXXXX. Did you get that Steve?
    M: Yes, now I'll need you to enter the following code into the phone.
    AC: Sure Steve, what's the code.

Ok so you get the point, he must've slipped my name in to EVERY SENTENCE he spoke, often more than once. He was a very nice guy, but saying my name over and over really got on my nerves.

Temporary Credit, permanent stupidity

SC: I paid my balance last week of $173 and now you are saying I owe you another $229, what's going on here? That was supposed to be permanent.
    M: Ok well I see you were given a temporary credit to restore your service since we were waiting on a phone to be returned. Then a couple of days later, you were given the permanent credit for the phone when we recieved it. You made your payment, then the temporary credit of $229 reversed on to the account.
    SC: The $229 was supposed to be permanent, I called to pay my bill and was told my balance was $173, so that's what I paid.
    M: You DID get the permanent credit sir.
    SC: Evidently I did not because that 229 is back on my account.
    M: Ok,let's go over this again. Your account balance was $600 and a bit. There were TWO credits done for 229. One temporary, one permanent. When you called in to pay your balance, BOTH of those credits were still in effect, which is why you were told 173 was your balance. Several days later, the 229 reversed on to your account so your balance reflected the $600 and a bit minus the SINGLE permanent credit you were given for the phone.
    SC: Look I called, you told me to pay 173 so I did. I ain't paying a penny more.
    M: Whether or not you pay is your choice sir, but if you don't pay your service will be shut off and eventually your account will be cancelled.
    SC: I PAID what you told me to PAY. I am NOT paying you any more do you understand me?
    M: I do sir, but regardless of if you pay or not, the $229 is a valid charge and will stay on the acct. I did speak to my supervisor about this and she said there is no credit due on the account as the $229 was, as I have told you, a TEMPORARY credit.
    SC: Fine, I'm cancelling this whole damn account...and I ain't paying one cent of that $229 , I'll speak to a lawyer if I have to.
    M: Very well sir, I will transfer you to cancellations.

I truly wish your lack of intelligence was only a temporary condition but I regret it's obviously of the permanent, debilitating variety. I can only hope to never ever run into you again or else lose even more of my precious brain cells trying to explain a simple concept to you.

Unfortunately cancellations did credit this guy $50 on his totally valid charges, but I guess it was worth it to keep him with us?
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 11-15-2007, 04:41 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    Lawyer, Ho!

Gotta love this acct note I came across:

CUST CALLED IN VERY UPSET ABOUT BILLING AND USAGE CHARGES. EDU CUST THOSE ARE VALID CHARGES AND NO CREDIT IS DUE. USED FOUL LANGUAGE AND AGAIN DEMANDED HIS CREDIT. APPARENTLY HAS BEEN HAVING SERVICE PROBLEMS WITH US, THREATENED TO SUE ME IF I HUNG UP ON HIM, THEN DEMANDED TO SPEAK TO SUP, THEN THREATENED TO SUE SUP IF HE DIDN'T GET CREDIT

Suing someone for hanging up on you? Yeah I'd like to see the lawyer who would take that case! Why do customers think a legal threat will IMMEDIATELY make us bow to their wishes?? You would think someone would clue them in that saying they'll talk to a lawyer about it usually won't prompty much of a response.

[
    One of our former managers was dealing with a SC who mentioned that if he didn't get his way he was calling his lawyer. The manager excused himself for a minute and came back with a printout of the phone #'s for the legal dept. Mr. SC then said he was joking. Manager just pointed to the paper and said "Call them, I have no further comment." And walked away. I miss that manager.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      One of our former managers was dealing with a SC who mentioned that if he didn't get his way he was calling his lawyer. The manager excused himself for a minute and came back with a printout of the phone #'s for the legal dept. Mr. SC then said he was joking. Manager just pointed to the paper and said "Call them, I have no further comment." And walked away. I miss that manager.
      The manager? Aren't the employees allowed to do that? When I did tech support, we were told that if anyone said they were suing or getting a lawyer we were to give them the info for lega and tell them we could no longer talk to them and to hang up.

Comment

Suing someone for hanging up on you? Yeah I'd like to see the lawyer who would take that case!
        When he sues, tell him to take his case to Judge Judy, I could always use a laugh!

Unfortunately cancellations did credit this guy $50 on his totally valid charges, but I guess it was worth it to keep him with us?
        Man, that sucks! Now the guy will no doubt play this little game again if he does not get his way with something.
        Last edited by Tito; 11-15-2007, 10:00 PM.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Say my name, Say my name

This guy was nice enough, but I'll labe him AC for annoying customer, you'll find out in a moment.

AC: Sure Steve, I'll just take out the battery. Ok I have the number Steve, it's XXXXXXXXXXX. Did you get that Steve?

Ok so you get the point, he must've slipped my name in to EVERY SENTENCE he spoke, often more than once. He was a very nice guy, but saying my name over and over really got on my nerves.
          I work with a girl that does this. it drives me insane!! I understand saying the customers name once or twice in the conversation but she does it every other word.

Comment

For the purposes of this call, my name is now Maria Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana-Fana fo Fesca the third.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

For a little while I used to wear my co-worker's name tags to confuse people. I spent a whole month as Daryl once. That certainly confused people...a wee girl called Daryl. It was quite fun when you got the customer who likes to over-use your name, though.
              Enslaved by WhSmith's since 2005

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post

Oh, I LIKE that one. Any chance you could send your manager over to us?
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

There's a simple solution to all those idiots-it's called PRE-PAY. Kind of like TracFone. No Fuss. No bother. & if it screws up then you only have yourself to blame.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    For the purposes of this call, my name is now Maria Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana-Fana fo Fesca the third.
                    Or you can call me Dot. Call me Dottie and you die.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

[b]

Say my name, Say my name

Same HERE!!! but this was to MY face

she was being annoying saying ZOE the whole damn time me ringing her in!
                      every other WOrd was ZOE!!! i hated my name for a while that day!

i hate name tags!
                      LOL one guy LOL@ me and asked IF it was my real name!?? omg rude!

who are these ppl? and why dont i act stupid? i never went off on no one as a customer i never tell no one "im new here" christ!! nor have i try to scam anyone! i Sure DONT say ppls names 100 times in 5 mins

Comment

Quoth piratemonkey View Post
                        That certainly confused people...a wee girl called Daryl.
                        I don't see why it would confuse people....Daryl Hannah ring a bell?
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

For a little while I used to wear my co-worker's name tags to confuse people. I spent a whole month as Daryl once. That certainly confused people...a wee girl called Daryl. It was quite fun when you got the customer who likes to over-use your name, though.
                          Been there, done that.

One time a district level person came into the store and one of the office girls wasn't wearing her name badge. She asked me to find one for her and I gave her one of a cashier she wasn't that fond of. She asked if there were any others and I said yes, but it was for one of the male grocery stockers. She wore the female cashier's badge. :-p

I have also been "Steve" before in a last minute search of the name badges. Even though I had, at one point, nine name badges, I kept leaving them at home.
                          Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I had co-workers who got ahold of the label maker and printed themselves a new identity on a regular basis. Management didn't care until a Mystery Shop came in with a random name and they went "Who the blazes is that person?" The label maker also mysteriously went into a locked cabinet at the same time.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

We used to do that a lot too. Sometimes we'd use names that you last suspect on a person if we were bored. The best one was A (His original name) was Stacie for the night because he felt like it. To make it funnier, A was a black guy, very big (Muscular, played football and basketball.) and tall. Nice guy once you got to know him but just a glance at him and he'd intimidate the whiniest SC. Every customer was just in shock of this guy when they saw his name tag reading Stacie.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                              X