X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New one on me

We close at 10:00PM. Period.

AS the clock was JUST switching to 22:00:00, the drive-through beeped. "Hell no", I quickly shut off the drive-through lights. They drove away. Problem solved.

Now, somehow, the lights managed to come back on, even though none of us touched it, because 45 minutes later, someone came through drive-through. After about 3-4 minutes of silence, I heard with a slight 'redneck' accent, "Are y'all still fixing up food in there?"

I grabbed a headset and said "I apologize, we closed at 10:00"

"Oh, so you all are closed?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. We closed 45 minutes ago"

Never heard this question before:

"Got anything left?"

....do we happen to have any food left laying out, ready-to-serve, nearly an hour after we closed? Well, we have the salads, but the registers have all been locked and emptied and the credit card reader is downloading it's information.

...sigh...
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

"Got anything left?"
    A nice friendly instructing on how to get back onto the road
    MMO Addicts group

Comment

actually, there was this one time my ex and i went to McDonalds, and were the last ones in the drive thru before they closed. as we got to the window, the two employees mentioned they had alot of food left over, and ask if we wanted some. we got 4 apple pies, 3 extra fries, and 3 extra hamburgers. so we took them home and gave them to my parents. it was free, so why not? and they offered,we didn't ask.

Comment

Nice.

Instead, I was just nice and said "If you take a left on Johnson street, the McDonalds drive-through is open all night."... cuz no other resturaunt is open in this city this late
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
          cuz no other resturaunt is open in this city this late
          No Wendy's? No Taco Bell? What about fourth m3al?
          *crying, badly* WHAT ABOUT FOURTH M3AL?
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
            "Got anything left?"
            well plenty of sarcasm, disdain for you, and hope for humanity....oh wait you already took that.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
              actually, there was this one time my ex and i went to McDonalds, and were the last ones in the drive thru before they closed. as we got to the window, the two employees mentioned they had alot of food left over, and ask if we wanted some. we got 4 apple pies, 3 extra fries, and 3 extra hamburgers. so we took them home and gave them to my parents. it was free, so why not? and they offered,we didn't ask.
              When I worked as a drive-thru monkey years ago, I used to do the closing shift at the local McDonalds (before they all shifted to 24/7). After we'd close, we'd spend a few minutes talking about the daily SC and munching on left-overs. Management let that go for a while until a couple of the staff starting making stuff at a minute to close just so they'd have fresh freebies. After that, the edict came down: No free leftovers!

Of course, I can't even imagine eating McD's 45 minutes after it being made. Talk about rancid fries....
              Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I'm surprised that those Macca's employees gave out free food like that even if it was close. At my store we're not allowed to do that. Any leftover food has to be dumped, not given away.

One time I had a women come through a minute to close. Luckily she just ordered drinks. She asked if we were closing and I told her yes, we were closed now, and she says, laughing "Good thing for you I didn't order any food". I just kind of laughed, but was thinking "Joke would have been on you lady, I'm not ordering my crew to reopen the grills, turn on the vats, dirty up clean dishes for one person a minute to close. You would have been SOL."

Why yes, I am the manager who will kick people out at close, not let people in while closing, and refuse to open early for customers
                Dance is the breath-of-life made visible-Charles De Lint

Comment

Working...
                X