This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ederly shoplifters

We have this one older lady, probably late 60's early 70's who comes in and gets a cup of "water" from the soda machine. The water is actually soda and if we catch her we call the MOD and Head Cashier to make sure pays. Today I was on break when she came by and I saw her sitting on a bench in the store. I see she has her soda, since I was on break their was no way she could have paid. I see the MOD walk by and tell him. A few minutes later she comes up to me and says she "accidentally" dropped it. I throw up a wet floor sign and go get some paper towels. I watch her to make sure she is getting water and this time she does. A few minutes later a customer comes up to me and tells me that she saw her take the cup from the cart and purposely drop it. She must have knew we were on to her and decided to dump the evidence. Now the GM is going to allow us to require payment at the dept. register when we want to.

Quite frankly, your manager should make everyone pay for soda BEFORE they get it.

And not just "when [you] want to". All the time.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Quite frankly, your manager should make everyone pay for soda BEFORE they get it.

And not just "when [you] want to". All the time.
      I'm not sure in what type of business this story is happening, but where I live, I don't know of any convenience store that wants the customers to pay upfront for soda... it seems to come with problems of its own.

Even the restaurant in the building where I work prefers we get the soda or coffee first and then pay.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

This happened at a supermarket. We don't require payment before they get their selections but we now can require this lady to pay at the bakery dept register instead of waiting until they get to the front end check outs.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
          I'm not sure in what type of business this story is happening, but where I live, I don't know of any convenience store that wants the customers to pay upfront for soda... it seems to come with problems of its own.
          Oh. Well. Convenince store. I was thinking of the grocery store where I work.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X