Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, please go to Lowes and never come back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, please go to Lowes and never come back!

Well, it’s obvious from the title of this thread what store I work for. We have this one guy who thinks he’s such a big shot although he is CEO of his own construction company. He complains every time he comes into the store. Nothing is ever good enough for him. I have no idea why a CEO of a company has to be the one who does these types of errands. He must be some anal asshole that does not delegate tasks well because if I were the CEO I’d have better things to do.

It’s true that his company spends thousands of dollars a year but not “quarter of a million” as he likes to yell at the Pro-Desk associates. Like I said this guy is never happy no matter what. Yes, you have to wait at least 15 minutes for us to get someone with a license to load up your trucks with lumber. Yes, we have to get another associate with a different type of license to load up your tiles, stones, and that AC unit all the way up there. Yes, you actually have to have a coupon for us to give you 10 or 20% off. No, we don’t offer contractor or commercial discounts. We’ve told you this more then a hundred times. Yes, you have to pay at the Pro-Desk if you never bring your commercial credit card with you. No, you can’t have the special offer of this month since it’s only for new business accounts. No, you can’t close the one you have now and open a new one.

Yada yada yada… Along with his ridiculous requests and non-stop complaining are the so-called threats. Every Home Depot associate with a Lowes within a 10-mile distance knows this asinine threat.

“I’m going to Lowes.”

Since our Pro-Desk supervisor quit and has yet to be replaced when there is an issue the Pro-Desk associates usually call an ASM. Everyone in the store either has dealt with this guy or has heard of him. There are stories that have been told in the breakroom about this guy to associates who vow never to even make eye contact with him.

So today was finally my day of punishment. I got to meet “the CEO asshole”. He was arguing over his delivery date. We have no control over when Depot Direct can deliver something. If they can’t have any until such and such date then that’s it. Don’t like it? Sucks to be you then.

After all this he says the threat. “I’m going to Lowes. This is getting ridiculous. What do you have to say about that?” Insert smug grin.

I simply told him, “Okay. Bye.”

And with that I left. If the Pro-Desk Supervisor had simply told this guy this the first time it would not have gotten this bad. Sucky ass kissing mangers are the ones who breed these types of customers. They remind me of children. If I whine to mummy and daddy long enough I just might get a new toy. Well, I’m definitely not the one.

Now I understand why Sprint dropped annoying customers. They cost us way too much time and money. Not to mention the stress they cause.

Why do people insist on telling us that they’re going to Lowes yet I see them next week? And usually they are arguing over the same shit. Leave us alone already! If you make a threat, keep it!

For our store it’s worst because we are right across from Lowes.

“I’m going to Lowes.”

“No wonder Lowes is doing better.”

“I’m going across the street.”

“That’s why Lowes is better and Home Depot sucks. I’m going to Lowes.”

Lather, rinse and fucking repeat.

Well, should you ever see them actually sticking to their word, as a professional courtesy, you should still call Lowe's and give them fair warning.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Have you talked to any of the associates at Lowes'? I'm starting to wonder if they don't get the opposite response from him. "This is ridiculous! I'm going to Home Depot!"
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

“No wonder Lowes is doing better.”

“I’m going across the street.”

“That’s why Lowes is better and Home Depot sucks. I’m going to Lowes.”

Which makes me wonder... If they already had knowledge that Lowes was better, then why did they go to HD in the first place?

Hm.

Comment

omg when I worked for HD, I had one customer that pissed me off so bad and threatened that he was going to Lowes... i had enough of him running his mouth so I gave him exact directions on how to get to Lowes and walked away...

Comment

Our GM actually called the MOD of a competitor across the street when a lady tried to scam us on a return. We denied it and she sayd to the clerk "fine I will try to scam <competitor's> across the street and walked out. She actually drive across the street but their LP guy was waiting for her. The rumor was she was banned from their store shortly after that incident when she came back and tried to steal food.

Comment

I used to work for Lowe's and I would hear it all the time that "I'm going to Home Depot". I would always say: Ok, Have a great day. But you always see them back the next week or so. I never played that game with them, I was so tired of hearing it! I mean come on the stores offer what they offer and you will not get stuff for free just because you tell us you will go across the street.

Comment

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
                We have this one guy who thinks he’s such a big shot although he is CEO of his own construction company. He complains every time he comes into the store. Nothing is ever good enough for him. I have no idea why a CEO of a company has to be the one who does these types of errands. He must be some anal asshole that does not delegate tasks well because if I were the CEO I’d have better things to do.
                A CEO is just the guy in charge of operations for any incorporated company. You could open a lemonade stand, fill out the necessary government paperwork to incorporate it, and you'd be a CEO.

This guy might have owned a big construction firm, or he might have been a two-bit contractor with an employee or two. Either way, he was an ass.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                X