This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy on the block

Hi y'all. I know i've already posted in a few threads, so here is my formal introduction. Currently I work in the MACRO department for the Intercontinental Hotels Group, Salt Lake office. Basically what we do is take the "in house" reservation calls for the participate in the program. When they forward calls to us we have all the authority of someone actually at the hotel, with the exception of not being able to transfer. Most of the people we talk to aren't too bad... there are hotels that forward calls though that I hate the employees at. The greatest lie that we were ever told is that it slows down after 8... I wish. So, my job in a nutshell, I work in a cube in SLC and work simaltaniuosly in San Diego, Minneapolis, Detroit, and New York City (the 4 cities I drew when I was hired). It's amazing though, there are the people who will ask things, I hesitate on the answer, and then they ask they, well how can you not know that if you work there... umm, because I'm still only human... my favorite one is when I hesitate on cross streats (yeah, i bet they don't even know the cross streats where they work). Well, that's my job in a nutshell.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Wow, that sounds like one crowded cubicle!!

Remember this phrase: Let me find that out for you.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Wow, that sounds like one crowded cubicle!!

Remember this phrase: Let me find that out for you.

sadly it really is, we share 4 people per cube... and that's if all 4 computers are working.
      And that phrase is a life saver, especially when people want to know about bars... I'm a 20 year old LDS guy... why the hell would I know where bars are even I was actually at the hotel.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X