This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of the Same

Didn't have any really SUCKY customers. Just a few things that happen, like, ALL the time and have gotten old really, REALLY fast.

Haha, so funny...NOT

So someone asks for change. No biggie. I take his 20 and ask how he wants it. One 10, two 5s, and a few 1s. Thinking he just had a momentary brain-to-mouth glitch, I offer a 10, 5, and five 1s. He says, no just a ten and 2 fives. He was trying to get some extra money.

...hur hur. Hi-lar-i-ous. I may be making minimum wage, but I DO know how to count.

Meds or something?

Not a Sucky Customer, but a... weird one. This guy was slow. I don't mean mentally. I mean it took him 3 minutes to take the money out of his wallet. He wasn't even SEARCHING for it. And took equally as long to take his change and tickets. Frankly, I think he was on meds of some kind and am not sure he should be driving a go-kart. But he came back later to order a pizza (VEEEEEEEEEEERY slowly), so I guess he was cool to drive.

Message to All

Yes, I know our tickets are expensive. No, we don't have all-day wristbands. No, we won't make an exception for you. I am well aware there are other places in town where you could go and spend less money. You are welcome to leave anytime you wish and are not obligated to purchase anything. Whining about the cost isn't going to help. I don't make the prices; I just handing the register.

Either way, bitching about the price for longer than 15 seconds whilst in front of the cashier--or worse, TO the cashier-- just annoys me.

Suuuuure...

Lady, you paid for a ten dollar meal with a 100 dollar bill. Now you're claiming to be SOOO poor that you can barely afford your kid's birthday? Yeah, personally, I'm not convinced.

But she was nice anyway, and the manager was nearby. I let her give him the sob-story. They got the hour wristbands.

Another Message to All

Prize counter is that-a-way. I've already told you 10 times that's where you need to go if the games aren't working. THEY fix them. I have to stay here and fleece the innocent public of their hard-earned monies. Of course there's a line at the prize counter! It's Saturday. We have 50 birthday parties, and ALL the kids want to trade in their tickets at the same time. Well, you're just gonna have to wait, then. Talking to me won't change anything except your place in line, which is now at the end of it. Now go away. These people need pizza and tickets.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    Meds or something?

Not a Sucky Customer, but a... weird one. This guy was slow. I don't mean mentally. I mean it took him 3 minutes to take the money out of his wallet. He wasn't even SEARCHING for it. And took equally as long to take his change and tickets. Frankly, I think he was on meds of some kind and am not sure he should be driving a go-kart. But he came back later to order a pizza (VEEEEEEEEEEERY slowly), so I guess he was cool to drive.
    Maybe it's the only thing that allows him to truly "speed" up.

Comment

That was actually my second thought. "I bet he's like a turtle: slow on land, but like a freaking maniac behind the wheel.

I shoulda asked the ride attendant about that. XD
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I hate customers who hassle me with change. Especially big denominations. I had this one kid come through my line, he had a Russian accent, which in itself isn't important, but he wanted 80 ones. Eighty. And then like sixty fives? And I asked what he needed that for, and he's like 'Uh, we have no change at the pizza place. I deliver pizzas.' Right. That's what they call it now, pizza delivery. He got 20 ones and 4 fives. Douche.

Comment

Quoth Jory View Post
          I hate customers who hassle me with change. Especially big denominations. I had this one kid come through my line, he had a Russian accent, which in itself isn't important, but he wanted 80 ones. Eighty. And then like sixty fives? And I asked what he needed that for, and he's like 'Uh, we have no change at the pizza place. I deliver pizzas.' Right. That's what they call it now, pizza delivery. He got 20 ones and 4 fives. Douche.
          I don't mind so much, since it's an arcade. People want change for the token machines. And usually it's just a 20, and they want some fives.

I really hate folks who buy stuff with a 100 bill at the beginning of the day, though. I only get 400 in my drawer to start with, and that always saps ALL my 20s and half my 10s unless they have a large order.

Actually, scratch that. I hate it when SEVERAL people pay with large bills at the beginning of the day. ><

Comment

Reasonable change occurrences are fine. I'll give out quarters (if I have em to spare), to people not buying anything or change bills if they need it. But for real? 80 ones?

Or especially when people get bitchy at me when they give me a hundred, and I give them back 5s and 10s cuz it's all I got. Get a smaller denomination, you fucks. Or buy more!

Comment

B]Haha, so funny...NOT[/B]

So someone asks for change. No biggie. I take his 20 and ask how he wants it. One 10, two 5s, and a few 1s. Thinking he just had a momentary brain-to-mouth glitch, I offer a 10, 5, and five 1s. He says, no just a ten and 2 fives. He was trying to get some extra money.
              *closes till; hands him his (possibly counterfeit) $20 back*

"I think we're done here, sir. You can leave now."

"HEY! I need my change!"

"Would you rather leave? Or would you rather have me have the cops explain to you what "theft by deception" is?"
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                *closes till; hands him his (possibly counterfeit) $20 back*

"I think we're done here, sir. You can leave now."

"HEY! I need my change!"

"Would you rather leave? Or would you rather have me have the cops explain to you what "theft by deception" is?"
                He didn't put enough effort into it to be a scammer. Or a decent scammer.

Gawd, that guy'd be the laziest scammer ever.

Nah, once I offered the five ones, he just took his ten and fives, then went on his merry way.

Comment

OMFG!!!! I think I get stuck behind him to and from work each day!

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
                    OMFG!!!! I think I get stuck behind him to and from work each day!
                    I direct you to the first song on the video here.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X