This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snarky Mark Strikes Again

Last week we got a very complex quote request from a regional school system updating a couple dozen licenses. I typed it up and sent it back to them. Note: We always quote full retail to avoid undercutting our resellers. Resellers are welcome to set whatever price they want for the customer, but pay us a set price which is discounted off retail. The difference is what they make on the sale.

The next day several resellers contacted us looking for a quote for the same update. Obviously, the school is required to get several quotes and go with the lowest bidder. It's very common.

Reseller #1 didn't include all the license numbers in his quote request. I was pretty sure there was a mistake, but quoted him for the license numbers he gave me and advised him to double-check with the school system to make sure he had all the license numbers. I didn't have to, but he's nice and I'd hate to see him get screwed over a miscommunication with the customer.

Reseller #2 called during lunch when I was covering phones alone. I was on the phone with a customer and he got rolled into voice mail. He left a message with all the information requesting the quote and his phone number. As soon as I was done with the customer I called him back and gave him the quote.

Reseller #3 also called during lunch when I was with the same customer. He also got rolled into voice mail, but didn't leave a message. Instead he hit redial and the cycle was repeated about 6 more times. Twice while I was with the customer and four more time while I was on the phone calling back reseller #2. By the time I was done talking with reseller #2, he had given up on the phones and sent an email to Mark that started out with this gem:

"I'm trying to get a quote, but nobody is answering your phones."

Mark saw the email some time later well after he came back from lunch. At that time I was taking my lunch, he was covering the phones alone and he wasn't in a great mood to deal with whiny bullshit from this particular reseller (who has a reputation). He cc'd me his reply, the first line of which read:

"Sometime we are busy. That's why we have voice mail." :lol
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

I am guilty of using very similar lines on some of our impatient dealers.

Might I also add Mark is awesome.

Comment

Snarky Mark? Does that make the rest of you the Funky Bunch?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

lol i love the word snark.
        and i love his response.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Nope. I went right to: Snarky Mark and the Cranky Bunch

Completely different. Yup.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Regardless of the role he plays, Mark "Wahlberg" will always be referred to as "Marky Mark" by me.
            "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Nope. I went right to: Snarky Mark and the Cranky Bunch

Completely different. Yup.
              I was actually trying to come up with a different word instead of Funky but I couldn't think of anything, so thanks!
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X