This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you not understand this?

So after looking at the "Most Ridiculous Excuse for a Refund" thread, I thought I would post these gems from today.

I had two, count them, two, different people call in today (within 30 minutes of each other) to ask for credits on their accounts. Why, you may ask? Because they didn't know that calling outside of the US would be considered an international long distance call. One called the Bahamas and one called Canada.

Yes, my friends, I even pulled a Kara and quoted back to them what they were saying.

Me: "So you're saying that you weren't aware that calling a country outside of the United States of America would be considered an international call?"

Them: "NO! I DIDN'T KNOW!"

Maybe that beauty pageant chick from South Carolina wasn't so wrong. Americans do need maps.

At the mail order car parts company I worked for, I lost count of the number of times I got cussed out because of the cost of international shipping. Yes, a charge I have no control over. Stating this only drew more ire from the SC.
    Last edited by Jadedcarguy; 09-06-2007, 07:35 PM.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
      Maybe that beauty pageant chick from South Carolina wasn't so wrong. Americans do need maps.
      hehe, a friend of mine has that whole speech as his away message on AIM
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Christ on a pony! Now I know why ya'll make fun of us dimwitted Americuns.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Me: "So you're saying that you weren't aware that calling a country outside of the United States of America would be considered an international call?"

Them: "NO! I DIDN'T KNOW!"

No, you're missing the basic equation. If Queen Elizabeth on money = true and if country /= Britian and if dumb yankee's ego = huge then USA subsidiary nation = true.

Just as an aside, what's the windows keystroke version of "not equals"? On a mac, it's option-equal, but that didn't seem to translate well.

Comment

Americans do need maps.

:mildly offended:

Not all. Some. A lot, maybe. Perhaps many. But not all.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A map would do me little good. My direction sense would be more than able to get me lost, with a map, written directions, and f*cking OnStar.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                :mildly offended:

Not all. Some. A lot, maybe. Perhaps many. But not all.

For the record, I'm an American. Perhaps I should be more explicit in saying "some" instead of leaving that out. Sorry to have offended you.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  Just as an aside, what's the windows keystroke version of "not equals"? On a mac, it's option-equal, but that didn't seem to translate well.

≠

no ascii table entry

BTW, I just keep a bunch of these in a little text file that lives on my desktop. I can't be bothered remembering that ALT 163 is the money pound sign for instance.

[/ASIDE]
                  Last edited by sms001; 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM. Reason: Looked for ascii entry

Comment

Considering that Miss South Carolina was so.........errr.....brainy........
                    I won't even go there. I know way too many people who really are that stupid. God only knows how they even get up and make it to work every day without forgetting where the road goes or even that the sun comes out during the day and the moon at night....

And people say I'm stupid. Pah leeeeaze.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Back before the breakup of ATT (the original, not PacBell under another name) The U.S., Canada and some Caribean countries were one market. Seatle to Vancouver was cheap, L.A. to New York was expensive.
                      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Gah, I hate how the phone system is set up. Although before it was all back to being one company for the most part (AT&T, how I loathe thee) it used to be that it would cost more to call 350 miles away, in the same state, than to call 3000 miles away, on the other coast.

Speaking of geographical ignorance: My mother once told some woman that she has a sister that lives in Vermont. The woman then asked, "Oh? What stat's that in?" I know it's small, but really...

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

≠

no ascii table entry

BTW, I just keep a bunch of these in a little text file that lives on my desktop. I can't be bothered remembering that ALT 163 is the money pound sign for instance.

[/ASIDE]
                          Anti-programmer weenie, not equals is !=
                          Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                          Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Somewhat unrelated, which was the one that said she'd try to get the kids rooms in hospital outfitted with Nintendo 360s?
                            Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Speaking of geographical ignorance: My mother once told some woman that she has a sister that lives in Vermont. The woman then asked, "Oh? What stat's that in?" I know it's small, but really...
                              Well...that was painful to read.

Like I've said before--Stupidity IS painful.

For the intelligent.

Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X