This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Consider me suspicious. I get the idea that the company is trying to work on the basis that several customers every day won't look at their bills and not notice that they didn't get the promotional offer applied. In no way is it the fault of the serving staff etc, but I reckon there's a good chance it's arranged deliberately.

Rapscallion
    Actually, a lot of dining establishments use the register system not only as a billing system, but as inventory control as well. I know that many of the places I've eaten, I get a meal for free (coupon) and I still get a "bill" for the order with everything I've ordered. Only at final tally do I get it zeroed out.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

If nothing else try and talk the manager into getting a self inking rubber stamp (Red Ink) that says something like "KIDS MEAL DISCOUNT WILL BE APPLIED AT THE REGISTER" or whatever boilerplate bullshit they deem pointless. This way at least it will say on the receipt why the discount is not present yet and you won't have to deal with as many mouth breathing knuckle draggers at the till. Yes I know you will get some members of the dry pool diving team that will still refuse to read it and go into douchebag mode. But it may help with some of the problems.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

To be honest, if a meal that was supposed to be free was on my bill, I'd be concerned, and would ask the server, but I'm used to restaurant bills that break it all down- everything we ordered, and then discounts applied at the bottom of the bill.

So our wagamama receipt when we went out with our coupon was like
        1 main meal £9.50
        1 main meal £6.50
        complimentary green tea
        - voucher
        final cost
        £9.50
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I kind of have to side with some of the customers on this one (the ones who start sucky can go hang, tho). I've never had a discount that wasn't reflected on the bill I was handed when I was finished with my meal.

Either the person who set up the POS was just plain lazy, or corporate is hoping to rake in a few extra dollars from people too stupid to pay attention to their bills.

"Today's Experiment: Failed"
          *snicker*
          A friend and I almost had it set up to do a cosplay routine of the opening theme...

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

While I agree that the company I work for might be trying to cash in on the customer's stupidity, I do have to clarify that they do advertise this promotion very clearly. It is on the front of every Kid's Menu, with supplemental details and everything. Additionally, we have a huge banner out front proclaiming "Kids Eat Free From 4-9 pm!!!" Also, at our nightly "floor meeting"we are consistantly reminded that tonight is Kids Eat Free, and therefore we have to remind parents about the discount upon arrival at the table.

That's what drives me crazy about this promotion. We tell them at least ten times during their meal, and yet it isn't enough. I do agree that an automatic POS system discount would be great. That would save my sanity as well as save everybody time overall. If it were automatic, then I wouldn't have to get asked the same question a thousand times a night.

But then again, I would still probably get asked why the farking kids meals wern't off their ticket anyway. Or if they were absent from the ticket, why they wern't on there.
            check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
              all this suckiness is the direct result of someone being too lazy to put an extra button on the POS system. Or at the very least, give the servers the power to take the kids meals off the ticket before presenting it to the customer. So when the server opens the ticket for the kitchen, they ring it in, but before they close and print it they take it off. At least that way, these customers would see it being taken off.
              I would have to agree that management mussed up there. And the servers did have the ability to take off the kids meals and do the promotion - until we had a huge amount of till shortages. I'm talking somewhere in the amount of $500 - $1200 dollars missing from one two week period. Henceforth, the managers revoked said power from the servers and only provided it to the hostess/ host. This way, they knew exactly who handled all the money all the time, and the person stealing could be caught.
              check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

Working...
              X