This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major A***hole

I was working on express yesterday when a lovely lady came through with the most gorgeous 4 week old baby, but bubby was hungry so was really letting the store know about it, crying very loudly, which doesn't bother me, i have 3 kids, i know how it is.

Anyway, after she walked away from my register i called the next person and the man came up to me register, threw his stuff up and loudly said "God damn, kids like that should be sold overseas" I looked at him with utter shock on my face and said "I don't think that was a very appropriate thing to say and thank god the mother didn't hear you say it". He grumbled at me, threw his money down and left.

I hate people like that, babies cry, it's their only way to communicate, it's what they do so when arseholes dribble crap like that it seriously pisses me off.

Mate, i hope karma gives you a good kick in the nuts.

Oookay, I'm not saying the guy's right, or justified or anything, but I have to say, when a baby's crying for 4 or 5 minutes straight, and the parent continues around the store, or makes efforts at calming the child right there, that annoys me too. I get headaches really easily. That's my issue. Your kid's crying. That's now my issue too. Please, for the love of everything ever held holy, take your kid either to the washroom or outside to cry. Unless you're almost finished, like *this* lady was, then please, finish up.

The biggest difference between this guy and me? I'd never, ever say something like that no matter how long the kid's crying. I'd leave myself before being that unbelievably prickish. I understand that kids cry, and I know errands have to be run. And sometimes, kids have to be brought on errands. And when kids who cry are brought on errands, they cry during these errands. But PLEASE! If your kid shows no signs of ceasing his audition as an ambulance siren, take them aside somewhere!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Dark Helmet: Who is that!?
      Sanders: He's an asshole, sir.
      Dark Helmet: I know that, what's his name!?
      Sanders: That is his name, sir. Asshole, Major Asshole.
      Dark Helmet: What about him?
      Sanders: He's an Asshole too, sir. Gunner's Mate First Class Philip Asshole.
      Dark Helmet: How many Assholes do we have on this ship anyways!?
      All: YO!
      Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by Assholes!!

Seriously, though, that guy needs hit with a clue by four, carefully affixed with 16 penny nails. Yeah, kids can be annoying sometimes, but to want them sold overseas into God knows what?

A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

What's that quote from?

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post

What's that quote from?
          Spaceballs! Amazingly awesome sci-fi spoof by Mel Brooks

I really gotta watch that again soon... *wanders off to comb the desert*

Comment

Crap, how could i forget that, Spaceballs is an awesome movie!

Shame, shame on me

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Oookay, I'm not saying the guy's right, or justified or anything, but I have to say, when a baby's crying for 4 or 5 minutes straight, and the parent continues around the store, or makes efforts at calming the child right there, that annoys me too. I get headaches really easily. That's my issue. Your kid's crying. That's now my issue too. Please, for the love of everything ever held holy, take your kid either to the washroom or outside to cry. Unless you're almost finished, like *this* lady was, then please, finish up.
              I disagree. Chained to the counter didn't mention what this lady was buying. For all we know, it could have been nappies to change the kid. Could have been food to feed the kid (some parents don't breast feed).

Babies have a right to voice their opinion as much as any customer does, except that their not screaming at you.

Too bad you can't ban this guy from the store. I would if I could. Comments like that are uncalled for. And has he tried raising a child? Probably not.

"kids like that should be sold overseas"
              I don't believe in god, but I usually say this to comments like this. "If god exists, why would he care about your OPINION?"*.

and then I have this comment: If every child that screams and cries was sold overseas, *insert country name here* would be populationless in less then 50 years.

* = I'm not trying to offend religious people with this comment
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                I disagree. Chained to the counter didn't mention what this lady was buying. For all we know, it could have been nappies to change the kid. Could have been food to feed the kid (some parents don't breast feed).

Babies have a right to voice their opinion as much as any customer does, except that their not screaming at you.
                If you'd read the *rest* of my comment, I said "I understand that errands have to be run, etc. etc." That means, *IF you need something FOR THE CHILD* then that would be an errand that must be quickly attended to. But still, if that's the case, then it SHOULD NOT be taking 10 minutes to grab the stuff, and wander over to the check-out (I don't expect you to leave the line for your kid, that's way "out of line" *chuckle*). If you're taking that long to grab stuff your kid needs, either your kid needs too much stuff, you're physically handicapped, getting extra sympathy points from me, or you're not just getting stuff your kid needs, which means stop ignoring your kid, and make two trips. I still say I don't need the migraine associated with hearing Jr. screaming about his poopy diaper while you're picking out your frozen soy waffles.

Comment

(I don't expect you to leave the line for your kid, that's way "out of line" *chuckle*).
                  Thats funny and not funny at the same time. lol

I did read the rest of your comment, so don't misunderstand. But there is no reason in hell why a lady would have to rush her shopping in order to get her kid to shut up..

I'm not a big fan of kids myself, but I will never tell one to shut up. and I will never ever comment about someone behind their back. I will offer to help if I think I can.
                  MMO Addicts group

Comment

*wanders off to comb the desert*
                    Man, we ain't found SHIT!
                    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I have four kids. They range in age from pre-school to early teens.

I would never, ever, inflict my kids on other people, regardless of age.

If they are crying, fighting, arguing or doing some other sort of disruptive behaviour it is MY responsibility to ensure that others are not subjected to it.

Yes, there should be some leeway for a stressed out mom with a hungry baby. But.... if if the wailing tot is being dragged around the entire supermarket I should hope that there is a really good reason for not taking the kid out of everyones' misery. Something like no sitter availble, no food in the house, so either junior screams at the store or doesn't eat.
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

The baby only started crying when she was checking out, not while she was shopping and she had some formula.

She was very quick and kept apologising, i felt bad for her.

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
                          She was very quick and kept apologising, i felt bad for her.
                          This lady was the epitome of non-suck, and that guy needs to be shot into the sun. Just wanted to make that part of my opinion perfectly clear. And you shouldn't feel bad for her, but for him, because one of these days, someone's gonna take him outside for "a talking to."

Comment

I should have said this in my earlier post:

Yep, the guy was a mega-turd, for sure.

Sounds like the mom was doing her best to finish up her shopping and get going while her little one was taking exception to not being paid attention to NOW.

Even if the mom had been taking a crying baby around the store needlessly, it's not the kid's fault. No need to be an arrogant twit about it.
                            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

*wanders off to comb the desert*
                              Oooooh, can I help? I have a pick!!
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X