This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Of The Barrell Scum (Long)

We had this choice couple come in this weekend. First off they had a toddler who literally threw tantrums and screamed 24/7. I at first chalked it up to The Terrible Twos but now am convinced the poor girl is just following the example her a**hole parents set for her. The night they checked in both of the rooms next door complained that the child would not stop screaming and tantrum throwing.

That morning I was cleaning the room next to them and heard the child throw tantrums left and right with no interference from the parents. The kid got furious when there was no yogurt with the continental breakfast, she got furious when her dad drove to the store without her, and lost it when he didn't bring any cherry yogurt. I wasn't eavesdropping trust me I didn't need to.

The next day the wife insisted there were hairs on the sheets. I hate when people imply that I remake the bed with dirty sheets. I never do that and hate that a lot of people say that in order to try and get a discount. The problem they spent the night in that room therefore negating any evidence we need to prove they're telling the truth.

So wife starts to nag manager over her "hairy sheets" becoming bitchier and ruder by the second. Finally manager asks her to come down and discuss this with her in person (guest had been repeatedly calling throughout the morning.) Guest instead sends husband who was so obnoxious that she refunded their money and told them to vacate immediately.

I hear them then refer to my manager and I as "trailer trash" and her as a "druggie" and the wife asks how much did they try to charge them for this "piece of sh*t room?" All this in front of me and their impressionable child. At this point hubby starts to say something negative about my job performance I looked him right in the eye "Sir, if anyone is acting like trash it's you, don't speak to me."

The couple looked shocked and hightailed it out to the car. I wouldn't have said anything but they said some downright cruel stuff about my manager and basically called me a lousy housekeeper (among other things).

Sorry I just had to vent.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM. Reason: Was so upset mispelled and forgot countless words
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
    Sorry I just had to vent.
    No problem! Isn't that what this site is for?

Get some rest and feel better tomorrow.
    I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

vent away as often as you please.

it never fails how someone tries to project their lowliness on another, as if that justifies their behavior/actions.

trash they be, trash they will stay. i fear for that child; she's doomed to becoming trash, just like ma and pa...
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

At this point hubby starts to say something negative about my job performance I looked him right in the eye "Sir, if anyone is acting like trash it's you, don't speak to me."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

HAHA! I am so glad you said that! What an asshole!
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

You earned that rant. Just regale in the fact that when you go to work today that they won't be there.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

At this point hubby starts to say something negative about my job performance I looked him right in the eye "Sir, if anyone is acting like trash it's you, don't speak to me."

TH--1

SCs--0
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Too bad your manager didn't call them on their BS and refuse them any discounts/refunds.

I hate businesses that pay hush money to their worst customers. The worst customers should be treated in ways to guarantee they never return. And it they bad-mouth the business to their friends, then maybe their scummy friends will know not to try the same scam. Or their decent friends, assuming they have any, will know that the business doesn't tolerate BS.

Kind of the way decent patrons applaud when a restaurant tosses a jerk out the door. Decent patrons hate jerks and we hate that theri jerkiness gets them better prices/better service than customers who aren't jerks.

Comment

My neighbors have taught their 18-month-old to say, "F**k you." They think it's cute. I'm betting someone bigger, older and mean isn't going to think so and little Trixiebelle is going to get busted across the chops.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I can't stand it when people look down on others because they think we have menial jobs. Maybe it isn't glorious to be a garbage man, but you sure as hell wouldn't want to live in the world without them! Same goes for anyone who cleans up after other people's messes.

it's just really sad how society scorns the jobs, and the people working those jobs, who keep it going.

I'm really glad you told that douchebag off.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
                    Too bad your manager didn't call them on their BS and refuse them any discounts/refunds.
                    They really didn't get rewarded so much as kicked out. Although I'm sure the manager would have preferred to keep the money for the previous night (since the family did stay), can you imagine the hissy fit that would have brought on? Sounds like it probably would have involved the police!

Guest instead sends husband who was so obnoxious that she refunded their money and told them to vacate immediately.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      My neighbors have taught their 18-month-old to say, "F**k you." They think it's cute. I'm betting someone bigger, older and mean isn't going to think so and little Trixiebelle is going to get busted across the chops.
                      Heheheh....reminds me of when I was a kid and first used the F word. This is one thing I can truly blame on my older sister, The Witch. I was 4, she was 8, and I was tagging along with The Witch and a neighbor girl (about The Witch's age, I think) when they started singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy," but they had changed the words so that all the words started with F. "Fankee Foodle Fandy," etc. Sounded cool to me.

So I started singing that song. And the neighbor girl's dad heard me. He specifically heard me sing the line that originally goes "stuck a feather in his cap..." And blew his stack. Marched me right over to my Dad. Told him exactly what he heard me say.

Me, I was just a bewildered 4 year old with NO IDEA what the word "fuck" meant! Actually, I didn't even know that that word was what got me in trouble. My father tore me a new one, telling me never to sing that song again. I just thought that they were really serious about their patriotic songs! I had no idea that one word had touched off this whole thing! I didn't even know that the word "fuck" was a big deal, or that that was what Dad and Neighbor Dad were freaking out over! But trust me when I say that song never seemed "cute" to me after that. Because my Dad? Had the temper I inherited. Meaning when he blew his stack, it was theremonuclear, and definitely left an impression on the target of his wrath!

Now this was 1974, back when parents actually disciplined their children. And trust me, it left an IMPRESSION on me. And it wasn't until literally YEARS later when I learned about the F word that it dawned on me what the whole hubbub was about. And I thought, "Ooooohhhhhh....NOW I get it!" And was slightly annoyed that Dad never actually told me what the big deal was. All he ever said was "there are some things we don't say around other people." Okay, thanks for giving me specifics Dad!

Today it is different, and kids know the words, and frankly, I don't have that huge a problem with it. But to TEACH a four year old to SAY "Fuck you"? Are you serious? Hell, my nieces use that word, and that phrase, but when they use it in public, I make it real clear to them that that is NOT appropriate. (Around me or my friends, frankly, I don't give a fuck.) And they get the message from my deathglare. Jester is VERY good at the deathglare! I know this simply from several times when I have just LOOKED at the nieces, and they immediately fell into line, without a word being spoken. For THAT, I truly am thankful to Dad!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X