Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip: Disinfect those earrings you bought...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: Disinfect those earrings you bought...

...before putting them in your ears.

As I've mentioned several times before, I work in the clothing dept but once the jewelry diva leaves for the day I have to cover jewelry. I hate it. VERY, VERY much!

We've recently gotten in a new line of jewelry that is outrageously priced for a big-box retailer. It's cheap as s**t but expensive. (Think WalMart, only higher prices.) The prices are not visible to the SCs so we have to unlock each case and physically remove the jewelry to reveal the price.

The other night this nasty SC was looking for diamond stud earrings but she didn't want to pay much for them. This woman wanted to look at every pair we had and after getting a few out for her to see, she then started to remove her own earrings and put the new ones in her ears. I politely said to her that we can't allow customers to try on earrings.

Her reply: "Oh, just turn your head and look the other way then. I don't have anything contagious."

Me: (looking at the disgusting open sores all over her arms)

I nearly spewed!

I'm so sick of SCs who think the rules don't apply to them and do whatever the hell they want to do no matter what you say.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Motherfucking EW!

PLEASE tell me you told her to fuck off for that. At the very *least*, you told her to cut it out, right? Jeebus that's nasty! WTF is wrong with people?!?!?!?
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I'm appalled and disgusted and REALLY hope you did something to stop her.
      If you didn't and she tried them on anyway then those earrings should be in the garbage. No one can try on pierced jewelry or return it. End of story. Nor should anyone be selling used jewelry.
      That's revolting.

When I worked at Wal Shit at the returns desk a woman tried to return pierced earrings. Even though of course she SAID she didn't wear them I have no way of knowing that, and therefore refused the return.
      Naturally she wanted a manager, who (long story short) approved the return.
      I told this manager I would NOT take back pierced earrings and that doing so would be a health code violation.
      Now I don't know for certain how true that last bit is but it solidified my point at the time and the customer walked away with nothing. Well, she still had the earrings she came in with.

Comment

I asked her 2 times to please not put the earrings on but she did it anyway, telling me to turn my head and look the other way. I got her to stop by saying we didn't have anything in her price range and I refused to let her handle any more of them.

We peons are not allowed to stand up to SCs, no matter what they do. The customer is always right at this store and every manager gives in to them. Especially the most obnoxious ones.

When something like earrings or underwear have been worn or tried on, they are written off and taken to salvage. What's so frustrating is, women will come right out and ask if they can try something on but when they're told no, many do it anyway.

Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

That's so gross! My mom is hip to that happening, whenever she buys earrings she doesn't wear them until she's sterilized them with alcohol.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
            My mom is hip to that happening, whenever she buys earrings she doesn't wear them until she's sterilized them with alcohol.
            I do that, too.

It's the only way to go.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would have stopped her too but consider that sores on the arms could be psoriasis or eczema, neither of which are contagious. Both conditions are pretty common yet most people don't try to understand them.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

What I dont understand is why earrings are subject to the same sterility rules as the rest of pierced body jewelry? Navel rings, and all other body jewelry has to be sold in a sealed package, but earrings don't.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

some earrings do come in sealed packages, and that's the only kind i will buy anymore. the idea of even another person's grubby fingers on something that will enter my skin is bleh. (i swear this site is making me a germiphobe)
                  Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X