This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Snowbird View Post
    I ask because if that's the case, ensuring that every purchase is paid for by the students income alone would be a pain in the behind impossible.
    Fixed that.

Makes me glad we didn't have a student discount at the bookstore. They do have an educator's discount, which they have enough trouble with (when my 5th grader starts reading Nora Roberts in class I'm switching to homeschooling). None of the discounts (except the Member card that they pay for) applies to textbooks, though. Which was always fun to explain (it depends on how the book is classified in the computer; we can't do anything about it).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Fixed that.
      Too right.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Makes me glad we didn't have a student discount at the bookstore. They do have an educator's discount, which they have enough trouble with (when my 5th grader starts reading Nora Roberts in class I'm switching to homeschooling).
      Nora Roberts? I hate when SC's either think employees are stupid or that a discount card, specific or not, is a Golden Ticket.

I hated giving bulk discounts. It's a bookstore, for the most part people don't buy enough copies of the same book to qualify for that, but people would always try to ask for it for two or three copies (the minimum purchase for the discount was ten copies), or on a huge purchase of several different titles.

Oh, and then the book club leaders that would ask for the discount and order huge quantities of the book, but not pay for them ahead of time and let their group members come in to buy with the discount individually (big no no), and then not have as many members as they thought, leaving us with a billion copies of some obscure title. That would be the reason they began making people pay in advance, thankfully.
      "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

The way I look at it is that a discount is a courtesy, not a right. Any business that offers a discount can make whatever rules they want regarding it.

Since it doesn't appear that the OP's store is breaking any laws here, there's no need for them to even justify their reasoning to SCs who don't like their discount policy.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X