This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMS means "Property Management System".

There's several different systems out, the better known ones are like Springer-Miller, Opera, Epitome to name a few.

Comment

Because she is a SSC(stupid suckey customer)

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        Why on god's green earth did she not set her bags down?
        Because that would be the smart thing to do.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah I dunno. All the other guests do. But, hey, they are apparently smart or something.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
            For the past three days a major snow storm has been raging... It was a heavy-wet snow & trees have been breaking & bending into the streets all over town. My electicity has gone off each day. Yesterday it was off for prolly 18 hours. Those of you who were hit by Ike understand the annoyance that weather can bring.
            That is why I live in Arizona. It gets hot, but the heat doesn't knock down trees and close roads.

You have my sympathies. May you be warm and safe.
            I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
            -The Amazing E
            Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
              That is why I live in Arizona. It gets hot, but the heat doesn't knock down trees and close roads.

You have my sympathies. May you be warm and safe.

Well, in all honesty, this type of storm NEVER happens in this part of Montana. We usually recieve very little snow because we are far enough from the mountains. Matter of fact, we had records smashed to smitherings. And this was three days ago this all happens...and now all 4 feet of snow has melted away.
              When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I registerred just so I could comment on this thread

I too work in a hotel and I get plenty of stories. My favorite happened during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. As you can imagine, hotels were filling up fast. I had one room left to sell and the GM told me not to let it go for anything lower than $119.99.

A lady walks in and asks for room rates and I quote the above mentioned price. She tells me it's too high and that one of our competitors offered her a lower rate. I apologized, sent her on her way, and wished her a nice day.

About 5 or 10 minutes later, I was able to sell that room. 20 minutes after that, the same lady returns exasperated and whips out her purse.

"I'll take that room for $120"
                "I'm sorry, but we're already sold out"

When I related this to my brother, he commented that it was 2 middle fingers in one. Not only had she had to admit defeat, but we were unable to provide her a room due to selling out.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Must've thought the floor was going to eat them.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I too work in a hotel and I get plenty of stories. My favorite happened during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. As you can imagine, hotels were filling up fast. I had one room left to sell and the GM told me not to let it go for anything lower than $119.99.

A lady walks in and asks for room rates and I quote the above mentioned price. She tells me it's too high and that one of our competitors offered her a lower rate. I apologized, sent her on her way, and wished her a nice day.

About 5 or 10 minutes later, I was able to sell that room. 20 minutes after that, the same lady returns exasperated and whips out her purse.

"I'll take that room for $120"
                    "I'm sorry, but we're already sold out"

When I related this to my brother, he commented that it was 2 middle fingers in one. Not only had she had to admit defeat, but we were unable to provide her a room due to selling out.
                    I am surprised she didn't say, "What! You knew I was looking for one!!!" I have had people angry at me because I told them the rate, they didn't like it, went to their car, sold the room to the next guy, and have the same person come in & freak out. I have also told people it was my last room & I wasn't sure if there were any in the area left. They didn't believe me, got on their phone & called a couple places, and I sold the room right in front of them. Man... Also, I have told people calling that I recommend if they are interested in there room to reserve it with a credit card & why. I don't care if you are "just down the street". I have had people tell me that & never show.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                      I am surprised she didn't say, "What! You knew I was looking for one!!!" I have had people angry at me because I told them the rate, they didn't like it, went to their car, sold the room to the next guy, and have the same person come in & freak out. I have also told people it was my last room & I wasn't sure if there were any in the area left. They didn't believe me, got on their phone & called a couple places, and I sold the room right in front of them. Man... Also, I have told people calling that I recommend if they are interested in there room to reserve it with a credit card & why. I don't care if you are "just down the street". I have had people tell me that & never show.
                      oh, I love the people who will book on a credit card, I tell them it is past the deadline to cancel, then get upset when they call back 10 minutes later to cancel because they found a better rate and are surprised when *gasp* I tell them that's fine, but you're paying for the night anyway, you were informed of the policy and chose to ignore it anyway... not my fault... oh and beset of luck canceling the other place as well (and yes, I have before called the other place they mentioned if they're stupid enough to mention it and warn them what this person is about to try, because invariably they'll call the other hotel and claim some sort of travel related problem which would normally get them to cancel without fee).
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Knifeman View Post
                        I'm curious. What are the PMS's you are all using?
                        Amusingly enough, my hotel uses a PMS called...PMS. Property Management System.

At the rate it goes crazy though, the abbreviation still applies.
                        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                        "What IS fun to fight through?"
                        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Ours is a strange Aussie piece of software called "StarCom." And it has a bunch of support apps that are used for who-knows-what that all start with "Star"etc. It'd be an almost decent piece of software if we had someone on staff who knew how to maintain it.

but we don't, so it gets glitchy. It also doesn't let people reserve more than one room at a time, which can get interesting.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Simple. She's the all-important customer. When she enters the hotel, the front desk personnel are supposed to recognize her immediately, not need a signature or have to do anything to check her in, and have magical hotel pixies whisk her up to her room on a magical cloud of fairy dust complete with foot rub and scalp massage. She shouldn't, y'know, actually have to DO anything at all.

When I check in to a place, I bring all the bags I think I'll need and set them down in front of me. This is because I've checked into places before and am aware that I will need to show some identification, give a credit card for room charges, sign something, and have to collect keys. This is also because I am not a complete waste of carbon.
                            Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X