This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Report Me For Doing My Job!

Hello everyone! So I was gone on vacation for the last couple of days but as all vacations must it had to end and I had to return to work. Most of my day was not bad, I got the usual dummies, and a couple of people I would count as SC's and then my very last call of the night topped them all...

Cast of Characters:

SC: We all know who this is
    Me: Your polite, kind, airline agent

SC: Yes I need to change my reservation.
    Me: Ok no problem (we figure out what she needs to change and it turns out to be pretty expensive, $200.00 each person and there's two people in the reservation, and she's only changing it by one day.)
    SC: Oh that's too expensive are you sure it's that much?
    Me: Yes Ma'am I'm sorry. I am sure. (no, I've worked here for 2 years, done changes for the last year, but I'm not sure I'm doing this right.)
    SC: Well what if I just cancel it and try and find a cheaper airline?
    Me: That's fine, you may cancel it but it is a non-refundable ticket so you would have a credit for each person in the amount of the ticket price to use later. When you use the credit, however, at that time you will be charged the change fee plus any difference in fare.
    SC: Why?
    Me: Because you'll be making a change. (this goes on for a good 2 minutes me trying to explain to her that she is making a change and therefore incurs the penalties when she uses a credit. If you're not flying on the day and flight you booked it's a change!)
    SC: Well I've never been charged to do this before! I've canceled tickets in the past and never been charged to use the credits!!
    Me: Well I'm sorry Ma'am, someone either did their job wrong or you had a ticket that doesn't incur a change fee.
    SC: I still think you're wrong, check on this.
    Me: Ma'am I am 100% positive about what I am telling you, make that 110% positive.
    SC: I don't think you're right.
    Me: If you would like I can let you speak to a supervisor but I know I'm right.
    SC: No, give me the number to corporate!
    Me: Ok it's xxx-xxx-xxxx.
    SC: And what is your name?
    Me: SapphireSky.
    SC: And which call center are you in?
    Me: I'm in <city>.
    SC: *click*

I'm really really really hoping she reports me. I would absolutely love to get something from corporate asking me why I was so rude to her or why I didn't get her a supervisor or something becasue I just know if she does report me she will twist everything that happened. God forbid I do my job correctly. I won't pretend that changing reservations suck because of how much they cost, but don't pull the "They did it for me last time" crap! I'm a very black and white person at work, atleast I have become one because more often then not people who want to change their reservations and claim it's because of some big emergency or something are LIEING!

Anywhoo...that's my story of my last call. Thanks for reading!

Hmm, that reminds me of the time my friend told me about an incident he had.
    Said friend works at a gas station which at the given time had a stamp card thing going on which involved getting a stamp with every purchase and for every stamp you were allowed to claim a certain free item depicted on the card, one being a toy of your choice from the station's toy rack.

Cast:
    Slightly aged lady: SAL
    Friend (gas station clerk): GAS

Slightly aged lady walks in and intends to innocently claim a toy for her eagerly awaiting child probably waiting outside in the car.

GAS: Thank you, and please help yourself to a toy from the toy rack.
    SAL: Hmm, I couldn't help but notice that the particular toy I was hoping to find doesn't seem to be in stock.
    GAS: I'm sorry about that, feel free to browse through them until you find something else.
    SAL: I think my daughter will like these two. Isn't it alright to take two if the one I was looking for isn't there?
    GAS: No ma'am, the rules state that you may take one toy, not two.
    SAL: But the one I was looking for isn't there, I think I should be allowed to take two toys to compensate for that.
    GAS: If you take two toys, then I'm afraid I'll have to report you for theft.
    SAL: Theft? Are you calling me a thief?!?!?!!?!?!!?!one!!?!
    GAS: No, you haven't stolen an item until you leave the building with it.
    SAL: ... *Looks at his name tag* Ok, so your name is <name>. I'm filing a complaint about you.

Slightly aged lady leaves premises leaving my friend with an gasp of astonishment upon his face and one question in his head:
    "How the hell is she going to complain without revealing her devious plan to steal the station's merchandise?"

Comment

Tell me that call was monitored or recorded for quality assurance.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

but as all vacations must it had to end and I had to return to work.
        Please don't remind me. I'm on vacation all this week!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"I'm a very black and white person at work"

Hmmm, so, cow or zebra?

Comment

Wow, that policy does kinda suck, but you don't have to be an SC about it. Not only that, but it's not YOUR fault. You don't make the rules, you're just doing your job.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I used to work at a gas station back in 1993 when i went for one year of art college- the owner looked exactly like a viking with a beer belly..he told me the first day if anyone gives you shit, show em the door...if that doesnt work, there is a lead pipe under the counter on the left, and a mace(not the spray, an actual mace, like middle ages swinging spiky thing!) on the right...One guy came in trying to return care parts he obviously stole somewhere else, the owner came out from the garage bays, grabbed the guy by the belt with one hand, his shirt with the other hand, and threw him out the open door...I loved that job...lol

Comment

Quoth SapphireSky View Post
                SC: Well I've never been charged to do this before! I've canceled tickets in the past and never been charged to use the credits!!
                Me: Well I'm sorry Ma'am, someone either did their job wrong or you had a ticket that doesn't incur a change fee.
                or
                She flew on airline X 15 yrs ago who didn't charge a change fee and she is going on the assumption that your airline Y operates the same way. And we all know what happens when you assume.
                She did get charged, but her new ticket was cheaper so she didn't notice that they used residual fare to pay the change fee.
                She used to use senior coupons (which no longer exist) which didn't charge a fee - they were space available.

My bet is she's always had non refundable / penalty to change tickets - she just never had to change them before.

Hopefully, the airline you work for doesn't have non changeable tickets I want to slap the person who thought that one up.

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
                  "I'm a very black and white person at work"

Hmmm, so, cow or zebra?
                  siberian tiger
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth SapphireSky View Post
                    SC: Well what if I just cancel it and try and find a cheaper airline?
                    Me: That's fine, you may cancel it but it is a non-refundable ticket so you would have a credit for each person in the amount of the ticket price to use later. When you use the credit, however, at that time you will be charged the change fee plus any difference in fare.
                    I love this part. She thought she'd come up with a clever way to get around paying the change fee. Unfortunately for her, the airline forsaw her cunning plan and foiled it. Most likely because she's not even close to being the first person to try it.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X