This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate customers

Have you ever had a customer that you want to punch in the face ever time you see them? I have....
    This girl comes in everyday at the same time around 10:00.She always finds the cheapest things to buy(cheese stick for .50 and etc).What gets me is she ALWAYS has a 100.00 bill,which I refuse to cash at 10:00 am. Then she wants to buy every single thing seperately. So she ends up having 6-8 seperate purhases. Anyways she does this to get 6-8 parking receipt for half off parking.But what gets me is that she comes in with a 100.00 everyday,which I refuse and then she pulls out a damn credit card. Yes folks she pays for 6-8 .50 items with a credit card.Whether there is 2 people or 20 behind her. If she knows that everyday I am going to refuse her 100.00 bill why doesn't she go to a bank and make change for her pile of shit?self centered bitch.And before you ask why don't you print out 6 receipts? My computer only lets me print out one receipt.

Also everyday same time a girl comes in and buy a .85 bag of ritz bits.Everyday credit card.I swear keep a damn dollar on you.

Why I hate these people is that my computer is not hooked up to the credit card machine.So I have hand enter everything.

Yipes. I get customers like that, like a .25 cent Cella's Cherry goes right onto their debit card. And then they want cash back. It's like, "Use our ATM, please."

Double yipes for your register not being hooked up to the credit card machine.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Hmm. Several things you can do.

Lie accidently: Oh so sorry, credit is down right now.
      2: "Yeah, 5 dollar minimal on card use...."
      3: She trying to waste your time. The few times there are no customers, just slowly, very slowly enter her numbers. Maybe even glance at her card, and put one in at a time. Make a mistake, and start over. Yes, it be annoying, but it annoy her even more. Might make her stop.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I believe that you can get your ability to take a certain type of card yanked if you set a dollar amount that must be spent. I spent a year working for a credit card processing center and had one of the big wigs go to San Francisco and was at a store and had like $12.00 worth of stuff and the store refused to let him use a CC for a purchase under $15.00. So guy whips out his cell phone, calls work, gets the merchants VISA id. Hangs up, dials VISA talks for a minute and hands the phone to the merchant. VISA was going to suspend the account then and there.

Now I realize WHY the merchants don't want to run small amounts on cards, it costs them money. BUT, the CC companies also have written into the agreements that the merchant CANNOT set a minimum balance.

So, next time you see that somewhere, call them on it.
        If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
        --Woodrow Willson

Comment

sorry.......
          Last edited by simpleyme; 10-15-2008, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
            BUT, the CC companies also have written into the agreements that the merchant CANNOT set a minimum balance.
            Really? There's one more thing my company is doing amiss. Of course, the limit there is only $2, so maybe that's just not enough to make waves over.
            Last edited by Ree; 10-15-2008, 09:50 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Firstly, I don't carry cash anymore, I'm too tempted to spend it, so I use debit and credit. Secondly sometimes you need less than $20 and the cash back option is perfect for that and you may not be near an atm.
              I worked as a cashier for two years, some of it seems mildly annoying but it isn't her fault (or yours) that the credit machine isn't connected with your computer.

Comment

yikes sorry ;-)
                Last edited by simpleyme; 10-15-2008, 11:33 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post

BUT, the CC companies also have written into the agreements that the merchant CANNOT set a minimum balance.
                  I didn't know that. Maybe it is time that I read the agreements for the CC companies
                  Last edited by Ree; 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Heatherina View Post
                    Firstly, I don't carry cash anymore, I'm too tempted to spend it, so I use debit and credit. Secondly sometimes you need less than $20 and the cash back option is perfect for that and you may not be near an atm. .

I get why people wabnt to do that its cheaper to buy a small candy and avoid the ATMfee but you wont be doing it at my store the cash back option when used by actual customers is not a big deal at all

Comment

sorry I guess I quote too much LO L
                      Last edited by simpleyme; 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

If she is doing this to get receipts for half off parking, I think that sounds like a bit of a scam, at least if the parking is much more than the cost of the items. Can you talk to your manager about barring her from doing more than 2 transactions at a time, or something like that?
                        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                          If she is doing this to get receipts for half off parking, I think that sounds like a bit of a scam, at least if the parking is much more than the cost of the items. Can you talk to your manager about barring her from doing more than 2 transactions at a time, or something like that?
                          See it drives me crazy because if her parking is 10.00 and she gets receipt then she only pays 5.00,so she scammed the university out of 5.00 for spending .50. So she buys 3.00 worth of stuff(6 .50 purchases) and she saves 30.00 with 6 receipts.I've been begging my boss to make a min 2.00 to 3.00 puchase for a validation.Some students really take advantage of us.So yeah now that I think of it I might have to talk to my boss. This bitch is saving 30.00 or more for spending 3.00 in our store.I had to resist smacking this jackass college kid.He came with his friend and said flat out yeah just buy a .50 cheese stick and you save 10.00 on parking.So yeah my boss is retarded for not controlling it.Me and the college girl employee has begged her because we know its happening.

Comment

This is one of those things credit card companies do knowing that the store needs the credit card company more than the credit card company needs the store.

Sucks, but there is probably nothing you can do about it. Unless you want to gamble that you won't run into anybody who knows that the merchant agreement forbids setting minimum amounts for the use of their credit cards, and is prepared to make a fuss about it.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Instead of making it a minumum purchase on the card in order to take it, why not institute a minimum purchase to get the break on parking instead?

Like "Minimum $3.00 to get parking discount" or something similar? You don't have to worry about violating the credit card agreement.

If you want a sneaky way to get around the credit card agreement, you can do what some stores out here do.

"65 cent additional charge on all debit/credit transactions." Best example I can think of that does this is AM PM/Arco gasoline.
                              "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Working...
                              X