This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your taxi being late is not a police matter

I had a guest last night who was waiting at the airport for a taxi and she wasn't in the right place so the taxi driver couldn't find her. She was seeing cabs go by but none were stopping for her so she decided to call the police. I'm not sure what she expected them to do.
    "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

expected a free ride or them to go and threaten the cab driver i guess?

Comment

I'm leaning towards free ride. You know, cuz it's an emergency. I knew someone who did that kind of thing at least twice.

When I was around 4 or 5 years old my mother and I were in line at some store and it was moving really slow, and I asked her if we should call the police. Apparently this woman never grew out of that.
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

If she called 911, I hope they gave her a ride in the special back seat with the special magic bracelets on her.

Comment

There is a phenomenon in the city where I live that has caused the city to put up billboards and ad benches imparting the knowledge of what is and is not a 911 emergency. Most are in Spanish, but they're all hilarious. I've seen torn pants seats, paint on clothes, cable outages, etc all portrayed.
          It's because a rash of low income families treat 911 as their personal health plan. I may suggest this one for immortalization.

Also, no fratching. (Autocorrect tried to make that frat hug)

Comment

Interestingly enough my Mom, one snowy night, called a cab to pick her up from the local campus. This would be a 60 dollar ride not including tip. Something I think most drivers would want...but I dunno. So anyhoo the dispatch told her where to wait and about how long it would be. The campus police were waiting for the last people to leave when one of the city cops pulled up to see what was going on. 5 campus officers and 2 young people plus 1 older person...looked a little fishy.

As the Lansing cop was standing and talking to Mom a cab pulled up, hardly stopped, and then took off. The cop took off after the cab and came back about ten minuets later saying they lost the cab car. In the meantime Mom had called dispatch and was told that the cab couldn't wait forever and that she needed to be where they told her to be. Mom was playing this on speaker for the campus cops to hear. She explained again that she uses a walker do to have knee surgery on both knees and that he needed to give her more then a minuet to walk to the cab.

Again the city cops waited and again the cab came around and didn't even slow down this time. AND this time going though a red light. This time a second cop went after him and this time the city cop had dispatch call the cab company. He ripped into the dispatcher when she said that the cab was waiting around for ten minuets and that Mom was a no show. When the cop told her that the cab just got pulled over for running a red light and that he had been standing here with Mom since the last call was made LESS then ten minuets ago they needed new drivers. Oh and BTW the police station was going to black list that particular company plus let that be known to the local bars.

One of the campus cops did give Mom a ride home that night when he found out he lived less then five minuets from her. Till he moved on to another shift every Thursday night for awhile Mom had a ride home with a wonderful officer.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
              There is a phenomenon in the city where I live that has caused the city to put up billboards and ad benches imparting the knowledge of what is and is not a 911 emergency.
              we have there here in the big city to the south

my fav was "Ketchup or blood: only one is an emergency"
              cos it reminds me of those 911 calls where people scream about not getting the right burger

Comment

She called the police over cabs passing her up because she wasn't in the right spot? I swear some people are extremely stupid. I wonder what she thought the police were going to do. As a matter of fact, no I don't.

Comment

A paper I read features the occasional "911 call of the week"...To wit:

One recent featured call was something about planes in the sky -- in a town next to an air base

Another, and I quote, was: "Pancake is harassing me and my husband"

...Huh?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
                    I had a guest last night who was waiting at the airport for a taxi and she wasn't in the right place so the taxi driver couldn't find her. She was seeing cabs go by but none were stopping for her so she decided to call the police. I'm not sure what she expected them to do.
                    They COULD give her a ride to the "Greybar Hotel" in a "Tiajuana Taxi".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
                      I'm not sure how I'd respond to this if I was the driver dispatched to get her. I mean, seriously, sometimes our teleporter doesn't work, so we actually have to drive to where you are. Go figure!

Plus, if I have already accepted a call, I cannot pick anyone else up, or I'm risking a fine from the company. Really.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                      X