Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And yet more advice for customers.... When you order pizza, don't go out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet more advice for customers.... When you order pizza, don't go out!

Ok, that's not exactly how the story goes, but I'll tell it anyway. I've talked before about apartment complexes and how hard they can be to get into if you don't know the gate code. This one complex I've been to I have particular problems with, including a customer who had no remote, and no gate code Really? you live there and the landlord gave you no info so that you wouldn't be sitting outside the gate waiting to get home to your apartment? The customer's story who I dealt with last night goes like this....
    I drove up to the keypad and tried entering in a couple of codes, they don't work. so I call the customer.
    SC: Oh, we're not home. The nanny is there, we ordered her pizza.
    You can see to where this is leading
    Me: Can she let me in?
    SC: No, and we're not about to drive back there.
    Me: I don't expect you to.
    SC: Go to the other gate.
    Which other gate? Theer are like 3 or 4 gates in this place, and they all seem to have different gate codes. I follow his instructions and drive around to the front, exactly where he tells me to go. Then he suddenly says
    SC: No no no, you're at the wrong one.
    Me: I'm at the one you told me to go to. I have no way of getting in.
    SC: Dude, come on.
    Me: Sir, if the nanny has no way to let me in, and if your delivery driver cannot get in, I can't deliver the food.
    He hangs up on me. Just fucking great. I drive around to the back again to see if another car has come through the gates.... nope. But guess what, they call me back. This time its his wife.
    Wife: Go to the front.
    Me (in a somewhat irritated tone): I did go to the front, and he told me I was at the wrong gate.
    Wife: No, that's the right gate. Here's the code.
    So I waste more of my gas driving to the front, again, and lo and behold, I FINALLY GET IN!!! Thank you to the wife. But that's not the end of this story, no way.
    When I get to the apartment, the nanny answers and takes the food, which is paid by credit card. She asks me if its ok to sign and I say yes. How the fuck are the parents supposed to sign if they're not there? I got a decent $3 tip for all my trouble.
    And now for my words of advice to customers.... When you order food and have it delivered, STAY HOME!!! DO NOT GO OUT ON THE TOWN, DO NOT GO OUT TOTHE STORE REAL QUICK FOR 5 MINUTES!!! You just don't order food and then take off, at least not if you live in an apartment complex. I don't have to worry about gates and stuff if I deliver to a house. But apartments are getting to be a real pain in the butt, and these people were starting to confuse and anger me. Couldn't they have waited for the pizza to get there before they went out and left their child with the nanny? I guess not, because they in my book are sucky customers.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 02-10-2013, 03:00 PM.

Should have gone back to the store when they started giving you the "run-around". Make them pick up their own pizza.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      SC: Oh, we're not home. The nanny is there, we ordered her pizza.
      You can see to where this is leading
      Me: Sir, if the nanny has no way to let me in, and if your delivery driver cannot get in, I can't deliver the food.

When I get to the apartment, the nanny answers and takes the food, which is paid by credit card. She asks me if its ok to sign and I say yes. How the fuck are the parents supposed to sign if they're not there? I got a decent $3 tip for all my trouble.
      I predict that this tale isn't finished. Parents will call their credit card company to charge back the "unauthorized use", and when the (nanny's) signature on the slip turns out to be someone other than the cardholder's, the chargeback will be authorized.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Big complexes were the bane of our existence back at DaddyJim's. I still have nightmares -- and keep in mind that we had detailed MAPS of all of them (if the complex refused to give us a map, we just made our own over time), and kept postit notes with known passcodes on them. STILL a pain, as many of them had little or no logic involved in their layouts.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Honestly from the looks of it, the only problem with this entire story is the jackass husband. Just reading what you wrote he was pissing me off because I could feel your annoyance and him being a dumbass. I'm willing to bet the wife arranged the entire thing but the husband was just clueless and irritating. Also I bet if you got to talk to her first,you probably wouldn't have had to post this story.

Comment

Working...
          X