X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Almost Ruined My Sale.

Yeah, two in one day! Sorry.

A Customer picked out a bag for his lady pal, and we were at the register, about to make the transaction happen. A lady had been nearby for a couple minutes. As I was about to tell him about the store card, she cuts in and starts doing my job! Telling him about how he can save X% on his purchase, and even promising him that I would give him the X%, no matter what. Of course, I could do nothing but stand there and smile, when all I was thinking was, "Would you please step back and keep your mouth shut?!"

So as the guy was pulling out his money and other information, the lady just steps up and says, "Can I go first? Signing up is going to take a while and I already know what I want."
    I couldn't tell if the guy was very irritated or just kind of caught off guard, but he said (very slowly) that it was okay if she wanted to go first. So I rang her up, and as she was leaving, she told the guy, "She'll take care of you and get you your X%. I used to work here."

So, yeah, the guy still wanted to apply for the store card, thank goodness. I don't care how nice that lady was trying to be, she was incredibly rude. You don't get to ruin my sales and jump ahead just because you think you're quicker, and it takes me less than a minute to do the process of opening the store card for customers. If she had waited patiently, the transaction would have taken less than two minutes. I just can't stand it when customers come in and do my job. It happens all the time, though maybe not to that extent.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

I would've flat out told her no, she acted like a bitch.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

maybe that's why she doesn't work there anymore.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
        I would've flat out told her no, she acted like a bitch.
        All I have to say to that is, thank goodness she was asking him and not me, though I do feel that he was being too nice for such a rude person. He could have said no, and I would have backed him up.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        maybe that's why she doesn't work there anymore.
        Oh, that's not all! She ended up wanting to use her coupon, but didn't have the dang thing out. Guess what that means? Yeah, spent longer than she should have digging around in her purse trying to find it. Ugh, never trust customers when they say they'll be quick.
        Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

or when they say they'll be more pleasant than the guy who was just yelling at you.

Comment

Heh, you should have told the guy, "you know what, I'll let this nice lady ahead of you do my job while I make the money..." then look at the lady, widen your eyes as if to say, "what are you waiting for? Speak, woman!!", and smile at the guy. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X