This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor issue but I welcome suggestions

In my family we tend to exchange "wish lists" for Christmas and (usually) birthdays. We are not such a close family (either emotionally or geographically) that we are up-to-date on relatives' interests and hobbies.

So I wrote to my brother to ask what he and my nephew wanted for their birthdays, which are coming up soon and are about 10 days apart. Brother responded immediately with a short list for himself and said he would "get back" to me about nephew's wishes.

That was a week ago. I'm thinking I have two options (nephew's birthday comes before brother's and it is coming up fast):

1) Write to brother again and remind him, or
    2) Send nephew cash.

I'm not willing at this point to send nothing, but I'm also tired of sending reminders -- this isn't the first year this has happened. Especially since nephew is now 12 and old enough to send me his own list, if he wishes to do so, rather than depending on brother to do it. I don't know if nephew has an email address but if not, he would certainly be allowed to use brother's.

Thoughts?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Send cash. That's what kids that age want anyway. If questioned, say you never received a list do you thought Nephew could use it to choose something for himself.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Seconded. If you don't know what they want, send cash
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Send cash, that's what I usually ask for anyways.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

At 12, nephew is old enough to communicate for himself. Personally, if he did not reply, I wouldn't send anything. But that is me.

Otherwise, cash.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Awesome, thanks all! Unless I hear differently in the (very) near future, cash it is.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X