This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're going to be studied!

I've been approached by Xarlaxas and I've given permission for him to conduct a study of the forum and its members for a university project.

Xarlaxas will be able to give you the full details in this thread, but from what I've read your participation will be voluntary and if you don't want your postings to be used then they won't be used. The results of this won't go beyond the university instructors who will be grading the paper.

Over to you, Xarlaxas.

Rapscallion

(Dons rat in a lab coat disguise)

OK! Ready to be mazed!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm not very good with mazes.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

*Puts on most presentable pair of pants*

Wait..I don't usually wear pants when loafing around the house and posting on here.

*Puts on most presentable pair of underwear*

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          I'm not very good with mazes.
          Mazes are easy if you do them backwards.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Oh, gods. This isn't going to be like Cube, is it?

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              Mazes are easy if you do them backwards.
              A well designed maze is equally difficult from both ends.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                A well designed date is equally difficult from both ends.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Sorry I wasn't at the PC when the thread was, very kindly, posted by Raps, but I'm here now to give you some more details on exactly what I'll be up to!

Basically, I'm about to start my fourth year at the University of Edinburgh and as a Sociology major I have to do my own piece of original research. I've chosen to look at internet identity, and for the data gathering portion of my project I have been approaching a few different fora where I will be a) looking at posts to see how people's posting styles differ between different communities, and b) interview members of the communities I'm observing to get their views on how they act online through different venues (IRC, Facebook, E-mails, on a forum itself, etc.).

If anyone would like to be interviewed for this please contact me (through this thread, PMs, e-mails, visitor message, elaborate smoke signals, and so forth).

If you feel uncomfortable with me observing your posts you can get in touch with me and I will avoid using anything you post in my project.

When I've finished my final draft I will forward the sections that relate to this forum to Raps and the modding team to ensure I'm not misrepresenting y'all in any way, and anyone I directly interview will get to see anything that involves them in my project. The summary of my paper will also be available should people be interested in seeing it.

Finally, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Also, thanks a lot to Raps and the modding team for giving me permission to do this, I know how important it is that your online and offline identities are kept secure on this site!

Comment

Officially volunteering to be studied!
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                      Officially volunteering to be studied!
                      *considers sending a needlessly complex smoke signal, then decides against it and just sends a thumbs up*

Same here. I'd be available for interviewyness, as well, should you wish to do so.

This should be interesting.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh I'm so in!
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

If you wanna interview me, I'm willing to be interviewed.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Sounds neat. Count me in (both for posting review and interviewing). :: puts on clever glasses ::
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

"My life is a chip in your pile. Time to ante up." (cookies for reference)

Well, as long as it doesn't involve anal probing I'm ok with this.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X