This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What side was that Pyle?

So Tony Soprano's Doctor neighbor calls for a bolt one whole bolt for the RIGHT REAR shock bottom.
    OK what's the last 8 of the VIN?
    You don't need that.
    yes I do
    no you don't
    *sign*
    I got it there- oh what's your # I quick get vin from service.
    But still ask questions to be a pain- what kind of rear shock and such.
    OK bolts 1 day and $$
    fine order it.

Flash to today. I call and say it's in. He says he's sending his son. ok
    son shows up with some other bolt- I ask clueless son about it with much confusion
    So I get it's a front strut bolt. One of 2 possibles. So I print the diagram and send it with him to be sure being I can see where this is going. Along with the bolt.

yep hour later I get this ranging phone call about the wrong bolt he never said rear.
    Nope I repeated it back at least twice and even asked what kind of REAR shock it went to.
    arggh you messed up bla bla you have to return it.
    Well no, but I will, but there is a restocking fee.
    more huffing
    Just order the bolt I need
    OK did you look at the sheet?
    NO IM AT WORK SON HAS IT
    ok well depending on what your looking at it's one of 2 I'm not ordering until your sure
    There's only ONE BOLT
    No there's 2
    He yells more and says I NEED to order just the ONE bolt for the strut and refund the other one.
    Are we just going to go round and round.
    -ahh I guess so, I want you to be sure before I order anything else
    --The cake--
    you just too lazy do you fucking job and order the bolt?
    ME- Thank you for time sir *click*

Someone left the gate open on the fucktard farm.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

"You mean I'm too lazy to order the bolt you've just told me to order AGAIN because you gave me the wrong details the first time?"

What is with these people who apparently believe the world will end if they have to admit they were wrong?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      "You mean I'm too lazy to order the bolt you've just told me to order AGAIN because you gave me the wrong details the first time?"

What is with these people who apparently believe the world will end if they have to admit they were wrong?
      Roscoe's dealing with an entire special subspecies of the mentally deficient - the self-proclaimed 'mechanic'. The difference between a self-proclaimed mechanic and an ACTUAL mechanic is education and experience. The actual mechanic has it. The self-proclaimed variety doesn't.

I'm convinced the term 'overconfident' was coined to describe these people. These are the ones whose fathers and older brothers let them help change the oil once and now they're convinced they can tackle any problem that might afflict the complex machine that is the modern automobile.

This breed is easy to identify by their unique call - 'They're all the same." Granted, this concept is often true (it is, after all, a prerequisite of mass production) , but they fail to recognize that if the person at the parts counter is asking this question, odds are 'they're all the same' is NOT the correct answer. Indeed, they'll often expend more effort trying to convince the guy at the parts counter - you know, the guys with the books and diagrams and catalogs - of the validity of their position 'they're all the same' than he would have if he'd simply have supplied the necessary information in the first place.

Invariably, they further demonstrate their rather lackluster prowess by being utterly incapable of supplying critical information - year, make, model, engine, etc. Sometimes they try to disguise themselves by sending their girlfriends or sisters to pick up the needed part - usually without providing the 'runner' with the appropriate information. I can forgive the parts runner; THEY'RE not the one working on the car, and more often than not, have no desire to.

They often further demonstrate their incompetence when they return the part you sold them for the 'correct' one - and generally, the blame will fall upon the parts counter guy

But is dangerous to confront these people with actual facts - to do so challenges their perceived mastery of complex machines, and they react poorly to this, ranging from passive-aggressive behavior to belligerence to outright felony assault.

Tim Allen correctly identified the mindset and expressed this with his trademarked simian grunt.

Comment

^ AMEN brother.

I highly suspect anytime someone needs that ONE bolt.

When the parts guy regardless of field starts the 20 questions- just play along.

Plus I ALWAYS repeat back OK your REAR SHOCK BOLT will be in XXX
        So IF I did get it wrong you can correct me and I do this more than once.

I had 2 SC's yesterday can't wait to see how today is. Really I had 3 but that SC's SC was nothing compared to the others.

UPDATE
        He called the sales MGR to bitch, in the course of bitching admitted he did in fact ask for the rear bolt. Now he wants my boss to call him about it. LOL my boss puts up with less shit then I do.
        Last edited by EricKei; 10-03-2019, 04:21 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Boss man called- he went to a dealer 30mi away. no further BS.
          AkaiKitsune

Comment

I love it when we have just played 20 questions determining all the details I need to know to get you your part. I then go get the part. And I am then asked "that fits my Honda, right?".
            No sir I just asked you all those questions for the hell of it and then went and pulled a random part off the shelf to sell to you.
            Have a nice day.

Comment

When the parts guy regardless of field starts the 20 questions- just play along.
              Or the tech support guy. Or the doctor. Or the broker. Or your tax guy. Or even the receptionist. Just answer, because either their boss requires they do it, or the questions are designed to help find the solution. Either way, it saves time to play the game.

It was just recently, one of our front line guys told me a customer wanted another engineer assigned to his case because the first guy was "asking too many questions" (read: asked just a few, right in the first email). He wanted someone to just fix it, apparently.

Dude, how do think we determine how to fix it?
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

^ true that
                AkaiKitsune

Comment

"What? All you gotta do is that THING and it's fixed. Just do the THING already" Yeah, that "THING" as you call it, involves a heavy blunt object and something you don't want associated with my blunt object moving at speed. Care to continue?

Comment

My grandfather owned a gas station and body shop from the 40s-80s. As a kid I would hang out there. He would give me the credit card receipts to add up and generally try to keep me in the office because I was a girl. I heard him play this game so many times, I began piping up with questions of my own. Weeded out the alleged "mechanics" when a 9 year old girl verified what you were asking for.
                    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X