This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But we've been coming here for years!"

(posted before the hack; I didn't save it so will try to recall it as best as I can)

This incident is set down "me local", which is a great place to spend a Friday night. At the time of the incident, my mate was behind the bar and I was having a chat with her before the rampaging hordes came in at around half 9. I often go in earlier than that so we can have a good gossip.

J: My mate
    Me: Butting in as usual
    Chavettes: The duh brains
    HC: The head chavette

Me and J were chatting about various things when a group of chavettes came in. They came up to the bar and asked for alcohol. None of them looked 18 so J quite properly asked them for ID. This is where the fun begins.

HC: Excuse me? We're all 18!
    J: I'm sorry, but I need proof of that before I can serve you.
    HC: But we don't have any, cuz we were going out for a drink if that's OK with you.
    J: In that case, I can't serve you alcohol.
    HC: But we've been coming here for years and everyone else who works here serves us!
    Me: No you haven't; I'm a regular here and I've never seen any of you here before in my life.
    HC: Well we usually come in on Saturday nights.
    Me: So do I.
    HC: (looking at her gang of fellow chavettes) Well, I guess we'll go someplace else. Come on. (leaves)

By the way, HC's use of "Excuse me" was as sincere as J's "I'm sorry."
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

They've been coming there for years, but they are all 18? wtf is she so dumb that she doesn't realize that she is contradicting herself. Also what kind of idiot would leave an ID at home if they still look like a minor and they were going out for a drink?
    KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Why do they even bother to try and con you when it's so obvious that they've been caught?
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Crap, can't the underage brits do it like we have to here in the states. Just get one of your older friends go buy enough booze for all of you and sit down and watch a movie. Heck, anyone who can't get alcohol in my town isn't trying. Only the idiots actualy try to buy it themselves. Though on the plus side, you only have to be 18 to get a drink there.
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

-after refusing an ID (hypothetical situation)

"But we've been coming her for 20 years!"

"Proud for you. That booze must have been affecting how you count in preschool as well."

"What do you mean?"

"Your ID says your only 22 years old. Care to explain to that undercover police officer over there how you managed to get into a bar at age 2?"

And watch them run.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28
            Why do they even bother to try and con you when it's so obvious that they've been caught?
            Do you even have to ask? Sadly, some people are so dumb you wonder how they even managed to survive this long.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh, remember this one.

I really remember how fun we had with this post and oh, remember someone said the only drinks they would have gotten was Shirley Temples. I'm sort of the opposite I actually asked people if they need to see my ID and I guess it's because I do look under 18 to some people (I'm 28). Oh, well, I know they are going to ask it anyway I just like to beat them to the point.
              Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
              My space
              Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X