This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to make a first impression

I work in a drugstore, the Green one ;-)

I was walking back from our pharmacy to the office tonight, when I saw this guy walking towards the pharmacy. He was dressed in, no lie, pajamas. Okay, I get it, a lot of people who are sick come to the pharmacy in their pajamas, if they need medicine and have no one to get it for them. They're in bed, sick, and realize they need some medicine before the pharmacy closes. (If it were me, I would go to drive-thru, but I digress) I get that, happens a lot, especially at night.

But this guy? This guy. He stops me on his way to the pharmacy. And he says .....

"Are you hiring?" Really?? You come to a place you want to work, dressed in pajamas? Not to mention the fact that it's waaaayyyy past normal business hours when like the personnel people would be there? I was dumbfounded.

But I put on my best smile and said "We are taking applications at <redacted>.com" and kept walking. Still can't believe it. Called the store manager and he was LOLing so hard he couldn't catch his breath!

I would be more inclined to take the application in house so you could stamp it "DO NOT HIRE!"
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      I would be more inclined to take the application in house so you could stamp it "DO NOT HIRE!"
      Unfortunately, that is not an option. But you can bet, I'll be closely examining any applications that we receive from males in the near future.

Comment

I've walked into the pharmacy late at night to get meds rather than using the drive-through. They tend to not like it if you go through the drive-through without a car.

Other than that, yeah, no. If you want a job, you need to dress like you already have it.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          Okay, I get it, a lot of people who are sick come to the pharmacy in their pajamas, if they need medicine and have no one to get it for them.
          I've never even done that, it's not hard to put regular pants on. The only time I ever went shopping in pajamas was right after I had my daughter, and that was because A) maternity pants were too big and my regular pants were too small, so elastic waistbands worked well and B) I was in too much pain to care. I was only going for a couple necessities anyway.

That said, I could probably see someone successfully wearing pajamas to get a job application, but that's only because pajama jeans are a thing.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Meh. I'd wait to see how he cleaned up before I slagged him.

Night, after "business hours"... probably a spur of the moment, "I'm near there anyway," inquiry.

If he was expecting an interview, fweep! "Loss of Down!"

Asking if you're hiring or for an application doesn't strike me as a tie & tails moment.
            Last edited by dalesys; 08-22-2016, 02:13 PM.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pajamas are not street clothes. You will never convince me otherwise.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Pajamas are not street clothes. You will never convince me otherwise.
                This. A friend of mine proudly wears pajamas everywhere she goes because she says shes already married, so there is no need to impress anyone.

Comment

At least he wasn't trying to walk out the front door with a buggy full of Bud Light suitcases when he asked if you were hiring!

This actually happened over the weekend at my store. That was pretty much the talk of the conversation Friday afternoon. I'm not sure the ass manager has recovered from that encounter yet.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We had the guy who came in,looked shiftily around,wandered over to the coats,fiddled around with something in there,and after a few minutes looked around to see if anyone was watching. Seeing three pairs of beady little eyes grinning back at him,he wanted to apply for Assistant Manager.Not when we're taking bets on what you're trying to make off with....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      We had the guy who came in,looked shiftily around,wandered over to the coats,fiddled around with something in there,and after a few minutes looked around to see if anyone was watching. Seeing three pairs of beady little eyes grinning back at him,he wanted to apply for Assistant Manager.Not when we're taking bets on what you're trying to make off with....
                      Sounds more like he was trying to throw you off the scent, but it doesn't sound like it worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X