This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure to which side this 'sucked'

Mom and I went to a TGIFridays for lunch Tuesday afternoon, cause Mom had errands to run. We were most of the way through our meal when a couple of ladies were seated in the booth behind me. I think nothing of them, as I had some double layer Quesadillas to nosh on still.

However, as I'm sitting there, deciding exactly how much more I want to eat, I overhear the conversation these ladies are having with their server(s)...

L1: Lady 1, customer
    L2 (never spoke that I heard)
    S1: Server 1
    S2: Server 2, sounded like a manager to me

L1: *whips out her gold member card, or something like that, I never knew Friday's had a frequent diner card...*
    S1: *takes the card* "I'm sorry, ma'am, this card isn't coming up in the system. Do you have a newer card?" *apparently, this was one of the first cards they issued, and they have since upgrade*
    L1: "I have another card, but I don' have it on me."
    S1: "I can look it up by phone number...?"
    L1: *rattles off a number*
    S1: *wanders off to try it out*
    S2: *pokes her head into the fray* "What seems to be the trouble?"
    L1: "I know I have enough points on that card to qualify for a free appetizer, but she said it won't run."
    S2: "Do you have another card? A more recent one?"
    L1: "Yes I do, but I don't have it on me, cause I never got it."
    S2: *gets phone number number 2 (I think...) wanders off to try it out*
    S1: *returns* "Sorry I kept ya's (I swear, she said 'ya's'...) But that number didn't bring up anything in the system."
    S2: *returns as well, no card in hand either*
    L1: "Well, how do I get those points on a more recent card?"
    S2: "You're actually going to have to call the hotline on the back, and they can get that sorted out for you."

Most of that was paraphrased, cause I don't remember exactly what was said at this point.
    "I call murder on that!"

Apart from the very minor issue of not having her card because she never got it (huh?), I don't see the suckage.

Perhaps your paraphrasing does not give quite the same impression, nor obviously tone, that being there in person did. Doesn't come across as a whiney complainy SC, just an enquiry.

Comment

Seems like both sides were fairly polite, no suckyness from L1 or servers. Just one of those things, cards don't work or are forgotten, numbers don't work etc.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I do remember, at one point, S1 came waltzing right by our table, and said "This card doesn't exist" or something to that effect, as if that was going to end the conversation. Oh well... I wasn't sure anyway.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X