This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot at Baskin-Robbins

I was there a week ago getting some rocky road (ummm I love rocky road) and while I was ordering some entitlement jerk comes in and is demanding royal treatment. He went to the counter and began pounding on it demanding he be serviced. Summers in LA get hot really hot so it's not uncommon to see long lines at ice cream parlors.
    Anways the guy pulls out the I've been here for hours line when he had just opened the door . He berates them with the usual sc spiel (I been here forever, I spend so much money here, Im gonna get you fired) and then he grabs the tip jar and hucks it to the ground. He then says "you havent earned it and maybe if you pick it up you'll finally be working".
    So he orders and get his $1.25 single scoop (yeah this place is bankrupt with out him) and is on his way. I really wanted to scream him stupid, but there were children in the area so I didn't. While I know some people don't like tip jars, if you don't feel like you have to give then don't, but to throw down their tip jar is just horrible. The way these guys were working they deserved every tip they got
    KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Wow, someone who can't even chill in a ice cream shop.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

What a jerk. Too bad they couldn't kick him out.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

it's really scary how immature some people can be.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Wow, that's incredibly rude . . . If he acts like that at an ice cream parlor, he probably acts like that at other places . . . I'm sure that guys probably gotten a spit-burger or two . . .
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I had a customer like that yesterday at work. He came in, wanting this one Manga, that we didn't have in yet, Bleach vol. 13. I told him that it was ordered, and will be in about a week or so. He flipped out saying that he comes in every other day. Mind you, it was his first time in. He told me that I will be fired, and this and that. Just Then the manager came out, who, is my best friend since High School, and starts in on the guy. The customer just turned red, and left, and flipped us off
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Not only should the customer be thrown out, there really needs to be a penalty for that kind of activity. Something simple, but with a huge humiliation factor... like having to wear a sign, "I was bad and got banned from Baskin-Robbins." Then the rest of the world could stop him on the street and say, "Whoa, you're the dude who couldn't even get through ordering a scoop of ice cream without making an ass out of yourself."
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT
                Not only should the customer be thrown out, there really needs to be a penalty for that kind of activity. Something simple, but with a huge humiliation factor... like having to wear a sign, "I was bad and got banned from Baskin-Robbins." Then the rest of the world could stop him on the street and say, "Whoa, you're the dude who couldn't even get through ordering a scoop of ice cream without making an ass out of yourself."

I like the way you think.

Vote for TNT.

Comment

hmm, suprisingly he didn't get thrown out for damaging private property. If he came in a vehicle, I would have had his plate down in no time.

I'm pretty sure the police would love the info to do a history check. I doubt that's the worst thing he's done.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy
                    Wow, that's incredibly rude . . . If he acts like that at an ice cream parlor, he probably acts like that at other places . . . I'm sure that guys probably gotten a spit-burger or two . . .
                    It's a certainty. Pissing off the people who handle your food is one of the least intelligent things you can easily do on a daily basis.

Throwing the tip jar on the floor and essentially saying "pick it up, peon" scares me. There are some serious anger management and authority issues hidden in that statement, and it's not difficult to imagine something like that going batshit insane and getting violent with you. On my shifts, if you throw something, I throw you out.

Comment

I've got the question on this one.

Where was the manager when he threw the tip jar on the floor and got his way? I mean I would think the manager would have heard him and something crashing too. I mean I know the workers couldn't do anything but the manager could do something and kick the SC out the store as well. Just wondering.
                      Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                      My space
                      Facebook

Comment

Quoth TNT
                        Not only should the customer be thrown out, there really needs to be a penalty for that kind of activity. Something simple, but with a huge humiliation factor...
                        I vote for Henna tattoos on the face.
                        After about a week, you get another try at being a normal human being, or you can take the pain penalty and spend a few hours scrubbing it off.
                        "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                        "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                        Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

I would have thrown his ice cream at him myself. No, seriously I would. There's your damn icecream ya pieceohcrapola!
                          Military Spouse Support.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I at least would have made a comment to him. Or, if it was your turn next, tell the employees what a jerk that guy was loud enough for him to hear it.

No need to quote the entire post
                            Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 07-18-2006, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X