This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    So a guest the other day lost her car keys. Security searched all over for it. They tore apart the room. They called a locksmith to get into the car to make sure they didn't lock the car keys in there. No keys were to be found,. The guest was distraught. They couldn't go home, so I got them a good deal on a room for an extra night.

An hour after they had resigned themselves to staying an extra day, the guest came down waving her car keys at me.

They were in her purse the entire time.

They'd gotten caught in the bottom corner of her purse. She swore she'd gone through it thrice.

I submit this as evidence that all purses indeed have black holes in the bottom that suck items to other dimensions.
    She has somehow managed to come into possession of a BAG OF HOLDING and she should treasure it for the rest of her days! Tell her the secret is to think of the item she wants whilst reaching into the Bag to grab it. She will then find that the item magically appears in her hand!

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Which is why I have an extra house key in my wallet. But the sheep has helped. Plus it reminds me of the friend who gave it to me.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      ... Serta sheep...
      90. Inflatable sheep do *not* need to be displayed during a room inspection.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I put my keys in my pocket instead of my purse. I also carry a spare set in my purse.

Comment

My keys stay on a D-ring on my belt loop. Can't lose them that way.

But then the two largest purses I own are large satchel style (one is a Dooney & Bourke, the other is a vintage LV Speedy) and not only would I lose my keys for a week in either of them, I could probably carry one of the kitties in it.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            My keys stay on a D-ring on my belt loop. Can't lose them that way.
            My belt-loops tend to fail after a while. Might be my tendency to pull my pants on, or hitch them up, using that.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Add me to the list that clips my keys to my purse via caribiner. The addition of a car with push button start has also made things easier, as someone else here mentioned of theirs. Purses are definitely black holes, though. You never know what you might find in one, either!
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I'll be honest. I got a job offer across the state so today I've been packing, and I've just been throwing purses in boxes. I'm not going to find out what's inside of them. I'll sort it out later on the other side.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

An hour after they had resigned themselves to staying an extra day, the guest came down waving her car keys at me.

They were in her purse the entire time.

They'd gotten caught in the bottom corner of her purse. She swore she'd gone through it thrice.
                  At least she had the decency to admit she'd lost her keys and not blame you for it. Unlike some people...
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'll be honest. I got a job offer across the state so today I've been packing, and I've just been throwing purses in boxes. I'm not going to find out what's inside of them. I'll sort it out later on the other side.
                    Congrats!!!!

Comment

I have more than a few purses, but I rarely use them.

What I should do is get out the lint roller and bust out my MetallicA bag.

Oh, and I have a tendency to use insulated lunch bags/coolers as purses, too.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                        Yeah, I've done that too. Usually I put them in a part of the purse where they don't belong, but sometimes they just vanish and then reappear after I've lost my mind!
                        I lost my change purse for An Entire Week once. It was in my purse, really. And I looked through the purse FOUR TIMES, even dumped it out once. No change purse.
                        Then it just showed up one day, totally nonchalant at the worry it caused me.

Comment

Add me to the list of people whose purse is a black hole - could have sworn I put my debit card in it after shopping at Target yesterday, but when I got home, the card was nowhere to be found. (No idea where or how I could've lost it)

Comment

keyrings are vandals

Quoth blondescales View Post
                            I put my keys in my pocket instead of my purse. I also carry a spare set in my purse.
                            I got a folding key-holder specifically because when I had a key-ring, they kept cutting holes in my pockets. So I'd be dribbling change down my pants as I walked down the street....

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              I got a folding key-holder specifically because when I had a key-ring, they kept cutting holes in my pockets. So I'd be dribbling change down my pants as I walked down the street....
                              At least you'd just be dribbling change down your pants. The alternative could mean you've got a leak...but I guess that all depends...

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                                At least you'd just be dribbling change down your pants. The alternative could mean you've got a leak...but I guess that all depends...
                                Just have to widdle away at the options...
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X