This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    Our complex has 3 washers/3 dryers (all coin-op...for what we pay in rent they could give us a few free loads per month on a card) for at least 9 apartments. As to how many are actually working, that depends.
    My building has six units, and we share one washer and one dryer. For a long time it was not a problem, but with the newest set of renters (all the leases for my building are up at the same time, so everyone either renews or leaves en mass) it's become a little annoying. For example, the last time I went to do laundry, the washer was empty so I start my stuff. Before I left, I checked the dryer, and it had a load of laundry in it which it was cold, so it had been sitting a while. There was also a pile of damp laundry on top of the dryers, and it was starting to smell musty.

So my washing finished and the stuff was still in the dryer. I took it out and put it in the basket they had also left. When I came back to pick up my now-dry laundry, someone had started a load in the wash, but both the previous loads were still sitting there. So to try to paint a picture, there was four loads of laundry in the basement. A load in the washer, one in the dryer, one sitting on top of the dryer, and one hanging out in a basket. All (I assume) from different people in different units. We also have a note regarding taking our laundry in a timely fashion, which has obviously helped a lot.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

So glad I live in a house . . . I have my own washer/dryer in the laundry room just off the kitchen. No running to the laundromat (and I've had to do that a few years ago when the washer was down and I was saving up to get the part ordered) or having to scrounge up quarters. I can toss in a load and start it when I get home from work (and this is a daily occurrence here) and keep up with it all.

Only time I have to go to the laundromat is when I have to wash Mom's king sized comforters. And if Larry's isn't open (he runs it and a hardware store on one side of the laundromat) I can run to the Great Stops a mile or two away. Not only do they have a 24 hour laundromat, they have free wifi.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I actually own 3 washers and dryers. My brother has my newest set, which I intend to let him keep forever, #2 of each is an apartment over/under combo that I keep for backup, and #3 is what I actually use.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
        X