This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your makeup is an epic fail

There's a customer who comes in regularly. She's not very polite, but that's not the worst thing about her. She seems to be a fan of contouring makeup, but doesn't seem to have grasped the fact that you're meant to blend. Basically, she comes in looking like this: https://dy6g3i6a1660s.cloudfront.net...L4Afg/orig.jpg
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

That looks like the war paint from a western movie.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oh yes the makeup abusers. 2 inch eyelashes, an entire drugstores worth of makeup on one face, nails 3 inches long or longer, and lots of attitude. Of course anybody who objects to their rudeness is just " jealous they don't look as good as me." Though IMHO I think being rude is worse than bad makeup. You can come in looking like you got run over by a truck, tire tracks and all, and I don't care as long as you're polite to me.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 10-04-2016, 07:32 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Exactly, we probably wouldn't care about her war paint style makeup if she wasn't so rude all the time.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

If I didn't know better, I would think you were talking about my sister, as that's sort of how she used to put on her foundation and face powder.

Comment

Every time I read this tread I think of the Tammy Faye Bakker t-shirt.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Tammy Faye Baker was a quite pretty young woman before the make-up factory unfortunately exploded while she was visiting.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I have an acquaintance who seems to put on foundation that's slightly the wrong color... I don't know her well enough to say anything about it. I have come to the conclusion the the lighting in her house must be tinted, or off somehow, since she's otherwise fashionable and trendy. So it's a bit jarring to see the thick coat of foundation that's two shades too light.

This area seems to be fairly laid back, respecting make-up. I'm now 30 (god help me), and I really don't know how to put it on. Maybe some mascara? Honestly, people here wear so little, (or what they wear is very "natural" looking) that when I see someone with tv-show style makeup it looks pretty ridiculous. This is hippie land, though, not L.A.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

A friend of mine moved to San Diego. She was visiting back in my area a couple of years later, and her make-up looked like clown paint. It was very sad to see, but none of us said anything about it to her.
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

It reminds me of the musical Cats. Perhaps you should ask which part she's aiming for.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      I have an acquaintance who seems to put on foundation that's slightly the wrong color...
                      My grandmother used to have the same problem. She compounded it by going right to her jaw line and not blending it down onto her neck. And she'd get mad if you said anything about it.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post

I'm now 30 (god help me), and I really don't know how to put it on. Maybe some mascara? Honestly, people here wear so little, (or what they wear is very "natural" looking) that when I see someone with tv-show style makeup it looks pretty ridiculous. This is hippie land, though, not L.A.
                        I'm 60 and I have never been able to figure out how to put that stuff on, with the result that I've never gone the whole base/foundation/ route.

I used to wear eye makeup (and will again one day; I'm getting some minor surgery done on my eyelids early next year ... it's not entirely cosmetic; they are starting to cut off some of my peripheral vision!) I also used to wear some blush/rouge/whateveryoucallit. I've always owned lipsticks but hated wearing it; it always felt as if I'd stuck my lips into a vat of Crisco.

I'll be going into a fairly expensive makeup store next week to check out nail polish for my niece for Christmas. Waiting with anticipation to see the reaction of my coworkers at the store, if I bump into any of them there, or bring the little bag into "my" store later on ...
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You do have to match your foundation to your skin tone. I have to wear the lightest one they make because I'm Casper the Ghost pale. I've never worn a darker one because I don't want to be bothered with all the blending, but a decent one that matches my skin tone evens it out.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Only time I have worn full on warpaint is when it was arranged for the whole wedding party, for my senior prom and 2 modeling session I did for a friend. At most I wear lipstick, mascara, occasionally when I am feeling frisky I will add eyeliner. I also will wear Imperial Roman makeup when I am portraying the Roman Alexandrian woman for historical reenactments.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

"Of course anybody who objects to their rudeness is just " jealous they don't look as good as me." "
                              My answer to a few people I know who are like this is Nope, nobody is jealous of you, you are just jealous of me because I look good without makeup.

Not that I'm actually that good looking, but I'm an old hippy, and I don't like makeup, so I have never felt the need for it. But my sister and my cousin used to get on my last nerve with their attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X