Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kikkoman soy sauce...SC was oddly persistent, bothering four of us in succession. Of course SC said she comes in three times a week and "always bought it here before".
    I work in a normal grocery store (sot as part of the store) and they sell Kikkoman say sauce
    Last edited by EricKei; 02-16-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

There is a regular chain grocery store in the mall (other end)...but there's no possible way to get the two stores confused. Or so I thought.

A woman demanded ladyfingers, then got condescending and rude when I showed her what we had and she insisted that 'real' ladyfingers are cake-like. The only place I've seen soft packaged ladyfingers (really just soft sponge cake in a ladyfinger shape) is at my old store.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Customer: Can I speak to [co-worker]?
        Me: I'm sorry, she's away from her desk. Can I have her call you back?
        Customer: Sure.
        Me: Okay, may I have your name please?
        Customer: Got a pencil?
        Me: .....

OK, SERIOUSLY?? Even if it magically became 1942 again, why would I ask for your contact info if I DIDN'T have something to write with in my hand? And, y'know, it's NOT 1942. I mean, I could've said yes, I HAVE a pencil - several, in fact - but I sure as hell don't take messages with 'em.

They're a holdover from way back when and I keep 'em around for nostalgia .
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          ... Got a pencil? ...
          I've got a clay tylus and a stablet. Wanna see how they work?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oog has mud. And a stick.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

And another installment (I need to come up with a "Stupid Requests" bingo card and post it in the warehouse).

--Truffle flour (as in baking flour). It does exist, but J is suspect of it saying "truffle flavoring". My suggestion to the requester was flour and some truffle shavings from the fresh pasta counter, but she didn't want to pay that much.
              --Minced garlic in a jar. No, but we do sell garlic and you must have a knife or food processor (if not we sell those too!)
              --Premade salad dressing. Again. Nobody's happy with my suggestion of a good oil, balsamic and the spices of your choice.
              --Marzipan. J did say it's a Sicilian thing, but seeing as the major grocery store carries it I don't see why we would; the demand isn't there.
              --Instant coffee packets (while I'd love it if Lavazza made instant coffee, they don't)
              --Godiva chocolates. I don't even know if there's a Godiva store in the mall...there must be, but I want to know who's sending these people to us as it seems to be a constant request.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Oddly, I think local Big Box Bookstore sells Godiva chocolates ...

And from the description of what your store does carry, I'm half inclined to beg your for a URL so I can order stuff online (if your store does that). It sounds absolutely amazing.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

B&N does sell Godiva, but not a lot. A small rounder by the check out line? As opposed to the full store at one of the large local malls.

Comment

Pix - Send DS a PM about it. If he's willing to give the URL to you there, rock on
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X