This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate being reduced to a number

I'm apartment hunting and I just ran across a cheap 2-bed the says in the ad that credit score has to be 650 minimum. I have made some mistakes in the past that I'm still paying for but I got my credit from the 500s to 675 at one point--not the best but not too bad. I recently had my identity stolen so it dropped due to some accounts being opened in my name and suddenly closed. It's now at 637. Here's the thing: the apartment is ridiculously cheap--like 2010 pricing--so I figure they ought not be so picky. On top of it, I've been in my current unit since 2007? and have never missed rent except for one time 7 years ago when the postal service lost my check. In fact, my whole adult life I've never not paid rent. And my gross income is 5.5 times the rent and my net income is 3.5 times the rent. That and my rent history should be good enough. The only reason I want a 2-bed is temporarily for me and Mom until she gets a house. Maybe she will sway the landlord.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Of course you're not a number Mrs 774.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Number Six: Where am I?
      Number Two: In the Village.
      Number Six: What do you want?
      Number Two: Information.
      Number Six: Whose side are you on?
      Number Two: That would be telling. We want information… information… information.
      Number Six: You won't get it.
      Number Two: By hook or by crook, we will.
      Number Six: Who are you?
      Number Two: The new Number Two.
      Number Six: Who is Number One?
      Number Two: You are Number Six.
      Number Six: I am not a number! I am a free man!
      Number Two: [laughs]
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

At this point of my life, I'm just happy my Credit Score is higher then my Cholesterol Score.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Log into Annual Credit Report (that one links all the credit reporting agencies) and dispute each and every baddie on each and every report. There is a decent chance that some will be dropped early (especially those ID theft-related) or due to slow verification response.
          That's the most maddening aspect of credit ratings: They fall like a stone and rise like a feather.

Come to think of it: How's your mom's credit rating? I find it hard to believe that a landlord will make an issue of the matter when your mother moves out, especially when you are paying the rent on time.
          Last edited by taxguykarl; 09-15-2020, 11:52 AM.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I forgot I posted this. So she talked to the manager and he's fine with her staying here until the end of the week (past 14 days) because I put in notice I'm moving. She found a house within 2 weeks and paid cash for it. So we're good to go. I have a month and a half to get my act together and hand in the keys on Halloween. I haven't figured out the logistics. I found out being added to her credit card account--she wanted me to have it for some unknown reason--dropped my score a bit. She didn't ask me sigh. Moms. Ah, well; I don't plan to take out any loans anytime soon.

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            At this point of my life, I'm just happy my Credit Score is higher then my Cholesterol Score.
            I wanted to retweet this post until I remembered where I was....
            Last edited by EricKei; 09-15-2020, 12:27 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X