This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may or may not be back

Decided to stick my head in and see what things look like. It's been a while, I guess. Life has been... "interesting".

Last time I was here, I had a girlfriend, and I was driving a cab.

Since then, we got married -- yes, there is now a Mrs. Deserted; our 1st anniversary was a few weeks ago -- and I finally -- FINALLY -- quit driving the cab.

And drove for Uber & Lyft instead.

But with the modern nuttiness going on, Mrs. Deserted & I decided that I needed to stop driving people. I now drive for food & package delivery services on occasion -- at first, it was full-time, but Mrs. Deserted has been working from home for a few months now, so I've had no need to drive all over hell's half acre. (This past weekend was my first shift in over a month.)

This has given me time to work on my computer projects. I'm -> <- that close to releasing a game to the Apple & Google stores that stands a chance of making me a little money. (We're talking beer money, not rent money. Small potatoes. Probably.)

As for CS, I'm not sure if I'll be hanging out or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Life's funny that way.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

In order:

Welcome back, congrats to both of you, and feel free to post plenty (both of you!)...I just hope you don't HAVE to because of your clientele ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome back! It's good to see another familiar name around again. The busiest thread seems to be the Coronavirus one, if you want to see how folks are getting on.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        In order:

Welcome back, congrats to both of you, and feel free to post plenty (both of you!)...I just hope you don't HAVE to because of your clientele ^_^
        Thanks for that. Fortunately, the worst thing that happens with food delivery is slow fast food restaurants and customers who don't tip. If that's all I have to worry about, I think I'm doing good.

Quoth Ghel View Post
        Welcome back! It's good to see another familiar name around again. The busiest thread seems to be the Coronavirus one, if you want to see how folks are getting on.
        I'll be honest, I hear so much about corona that I really don't care to hear about it here.

I might do some posts in Unsupportable, if I can put things into words adequately.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Well, then we may or may not be happy to see you again!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Welcome back, and

I'm not in retail anymore either, but I still stop in from time to time.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I read daily (seldom post, though, except horrible shopper letters,) as I haven't worked retail in about eight years.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X