Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never heard of a bar asking for ID!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heard of a bar asking for ID!!

This is my mom's story. A few days ago she went by a bar with her friend to get some hamburgers. While they were waiting, this youngish couple came in and sat at the bar. The server asked for their IDs. Story went something like this.

Server: Can I see your ID please?
    Girl: ?? What? Aren't we in a bar?
    Server: Yeah, that's why I need to see your ID.
    Girl: Well, I don't have it.
    Guy: I never heard of needing ID here before.
    Server: o_O Where you from, this is ORegon, I'm not facing those fines for not seeing your ID.
    Girl: Well we'll sit at the restraunt.
    Server: This IS the restraunt, I need to see your IDs.
    Girl: This is a BAR! I don't NEED to show you my id.

My mom didn't stick around to hear the rest. Wish she did.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

They must've figured the bar had magical barriers at the door that don't let anyone under 21 in. Since they were just able to stroll into the building, they must have been old enough to be there.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman
      Girl: This is a BAR! I don't NEED to show you my id.
      My. Head. Hurts.

As always, The Question: How do people like this survive without being eaten by larger, smarter animals?
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne
        As always, The Question: How do people like this survive without being eaten by larger, smarter animals?
        That's simple, "survival of the fittest" is a myth.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Minor hijack

Quoth LostMyMind
          That's simple, "survival of the fittest" is a myth.
          The day I'm having, I'm tempted to jump into that one with ya.

Maybe "fittest" was a typo. Maybe it's meant to say "survival of those with the least amount of brain cells." Either way, my head still hurts.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne
            My. Head. Hurts.

I attribute it to the vast quantities of warning labels we have. I could get into some prime examples, but that's for another thread/day.
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It's my motto. "Everyday, I see proof that evolution is correct. However, it is severely overinflated in it's effectiveness."
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr
                It's my motto. "Everyday, I see proof that evolution is correct. However, it is severely overinflated in it's effectiveness."
                Personally, I think Darwin got the theory backwards, and that the human species is DEvolving to a lower, stupider life form. The stories on here are proof of that!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Okay, it fits nicely with evolutionary theory. Let me explain.

Survival of the fittest simply means survival of those most fit to survive and breed. Kind of an almost redundant obviousness to it. Now, who's breeding? We know it's the stupid people. It's often lamented. Think about your high school. Who was getting dates - the stupid or the nerds?

Combine this with the higher instance of choosing to be childless in more intelligent people (generally speaking, nobody flame me please), and you have a situation where the human race is selectively breeding for stupidity.

They displayed stupidity. Highly fit for this environment. They will survive and breed.

(Oh, and there's no such thing as devolving. Evolution is change, not a change towards something).

Comment

Quoth Plaidman
                    this is ORegon.
                    Nice to see another Oregonian on here. Go Ducks!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman
                      Server: Can I see your ID please?
                      Girl: ?? What? Aren't we in a bar?
                      Server: Yeah, that's why I need to see your ID.
                      Girl: Well, I don't have it.
                      Guy: I never heard of needing ID here before.
                      What time machine did they escape from? I thought it was drilled into the brain at an early age that an ID is required at bars... Did I miss the memo saying that that's no longer the case?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Is this girl foreign? I'd normally think you'd have to have come very recently from the other side of the world to have that kind of legal ignorance. If not, well...you can just blame it on her being American.
                        Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang
                          Okay, it fits nicely with evolutionary theory. Let me explain.

Survival of the fittest simply means survival of those most fit to survive and breed. Kind of an almost redundant obviousness to it. Now, who's breeding? We know it's the stupid people. It's often lamented. Think about your high school. Who was getting dates - the stupid or the nerds?

Combine this with the higher instance of choosing to be childless in more intelligent people (generally speaking, nobody flame me please), and you have a situation where the human race is selectively breeding for stupidity.

They displayed stupidity. Highly fit for this environment. They will survive and breed.

(Oh, and there's no such thing as devolving. Evolution is change, not a change towards something).
                          Man, you are so right.

Comment

Quoth thelong1
                            Nice to see another Oregonian on here. Go Ducks!
                            Born and raised in Oregon (third-generation native on my mother's side of the family), now exiled to south of the Manson-Nixon line, as my mother calls it.
                            Last edited by Seanette; 07-29-2006, 03:19 AM. Reason: editing smilie
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth cougar_guy04
                              I attribute it to the vast quantities of warning labels we have. I could get into some prime examples, but that's for another thread/day.
                              I agree. The smart took pity on the stupid and decided to save them from themselves. In retrospect, that's rather like saving a locust plague from starving itself to death.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X