• Show
Clear All

I still can't figure out what store Anthracite's stands for... lmao
    Can someone PM me the name? lol

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
      I still can't figure out what store Anthracite's stands for... lmao
      Can someone PM me the name? lol
      It is store whose name sounds like an product mined in your state and the one south of your state.

[Seeing your location] There is one in Strabane Square.
      Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
        all 3000 dollars, at your store, without receipts, on the SAME day?! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!
        That'a a bit more refined than a scam my cousin tried. He tried that in the same store. Moreover, he was working there at the time--it apparently didn't occur to him that audits were periodically done
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          It is store whose name sounds like an product mined in your state and the one south of your state.

[Seeing your location] There is one in Strabane Square.
          I'm so proud of myself! I figured it out even without the clues. Maybe it helped that I worked at said store back in 2005-2006.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
            all 3000 dollars, at your store, without receipts, on the SAME day?! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!
            They seem to think that stores don't talk to one another...I'm surprised they didn't try to "return" them to a different company entirely. Some (including Anthracite's, iirc) take pretty much any return, no questions asked. Sadly. (And yet, they will likely still come down hard on any store that loses too much money to returns...)
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
              Actually, it has everything to do with being a BULLY.

He knew he could pick on and be nasty to a cashier who was not in a position to respond in kind. The guy probably is bitter and mean whenever possible - but only when he thinks he can get away with it.

I am willing to bet he sees himself as weak and without control of much in his life, so he exerts whatever little "power" he can over those he knows will not fight back because their jobs prevent them from doing so.

Exactly. I often tell L, a young woman who works with me (this is her first job) just look at it this way ..... how miserable is HIS life that the biggest thrill he gets all day is trying to make someone else unhappy? So many people out there have s**t for lives, for whatever reason, that instead of getting mad I thank the deities (whichever one you believe in/or not) that I have a fairly decent life

Comment

Working...
              X