Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always do that, as well. Also, whenever I visit a pub, I put my empty glass/bottle on the bar.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      I always do that, as well. Also, whenever I visit a pub, I put my empty glass/bottle on the bar.
      Speaking of SCs not cleaning up their messes...

When I worked at King of Burgers, I was a manager on shift one night, and saw that someone had actually broken those pre-sealed salt shakers, dumped the entire contents onto the table, and written an obscenity in it that starts with F, and ended with the word "you".

I was so mad! I don't even think the SCs that sat at that table really got anything beyond a drink. I couldn't keep my eye on them the whole time.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        Speaking of SCs not cleaning up their messes...

When I worked at King of Burgers, I was a manager on shift one night, and saw that someone had actually broken those pre-sealed salt shakers, dumped the entire contents onto the table, and written an obscenity in it that starts with F, and ended with the word "you".

I was so mad! I don't even think the SCs that sat at that table really got anything beyond a drink. I couldn't keep my eye on them the whole time.
        I would've been beyond pissed. I only hope the blew out all 4 tires on their way home and their engine completely died, it would serve them right for being such assholes.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
          I would've been beyond pissed. I only hope the blew out all 4 tires on their way home and their engine completely died, it would serve them right for being such assholes.
          I kicked a guy out once for trying to pull a fast one on me.

People would occasionally come in and ask for "a cup for water". At the time it was our policy to give a small, clear cup to them, or get the water for them in the drive thru if it wasn't busy.

Well Mr. Thinks-Hes-Smart comes in, asks for a cup for water. We don't have the clear ones, so I get him one of the small (16oz) paper ones we usually used for our small drinks. What does Genius do? He goes over to the soda machine and puts pink lemonade in it. He thought he was so clever! His other Genius move was not leaving immediately or at least waiting until he got outside to take a drink from it (I think he was waiting on someone or something, don't know). Problem was, I was standing at the front counter, and saw him take a drink. When pink liquid rose up through the straw, I calmly walked out to him, and said something like, "That's some interesting-looking water you've got there. Pour it out and get out of my store."

In retrospect, I probably should have at least attempted to get him to pay for it. I was just glad at the time that he complied, since he looked like a thug/punk teenager.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I don't know if you guys over the pond have a similar thing, but in some superstores in the UK, we have a £1 slot for our trolleys. In other words, if you want a trolley, you pop £1 into a slot and it unlocks the trolley. Once you return the trolley to the corral, you slide the trolley inside the next one, fasten the lock and you get your £1 back.

As a result you can even now buy 'trolley tokens' which are the shape/size of a £1 coin just so you will always have it with you.

This is good to a certain extent. People will always return the trolleys to the corral because they want their pound back.

Unfortunately I've come across several instances where I've returned a trolley to find trolleys scattered around inside the corral locked together so the SC gets their pound back but not slid inside each other so they're at right angles to each other. This then means that you can't get your pound back out and lock any more in place until you've unlocked and moved the next one in. Grrrrrrr...

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              What does Genius do? He goes over to the soda machine and puts pink lemonade in it. He thought he was so clever!
              Why didn't he realize that Sprite/7-UP (depending on whether you have Coke or Pepsi products) is clear, and therefore would be hard for you to identify as NOT being water?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That sort of attitude is especially sucky for those of us whom cleaning up after customers IS, unfortunately, part of our job duties. (especially the parents who let their kids tear up the shelves, leave stacks of books around, scatter toys,.....etc.)

Comment

whenever I am behind someone who leaves thier cart in the cashier aisle, or leaves them in random places in the parking lot, I like to yell after them "Excuse me? You forgot this" as I push the cart towards them. They usually will take them and put them away after that. Most people will only leave messes if they think no one will say anything to them

Comment

Lol, I used to do a similar thing as a teen when walking the family dog and encountering crappy dog owners who wouldn't pick up after their dogs.

"Excuse me. You forgot to pick up after your dog," while holding out a plastic bag. Always worked. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'll admit, I used that phrase at least once in my life. But in my defense, I was about 10 or 12 at the time. My mom was always good about not being a sucky customer, and she tried to make us understand that. I remember when we went grocery shopping, after we loaded the groceries into the car, she'd have me or my brother bring the cart back into the store (no outside cart returns back then.) And of course, I'd complain about having to do that, and point out that "they have people they pay to do this!"

Years later, when I worked at a supermarket myself, I understood what she was trying to teach me. It only took me a time or two of having to go out into the parking lot and round up all the carts that got left out there.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Excuse me. You forgot to pick up after your dog," while holding out a plastic bag. Always worked. XD
                        MANY moons ago a dog walker used to regularly get to the end of my parents drive at the same time as peristalsis occurred, leaving a yummy little brown and steamy present.
                        After getting somewhat annoyed at this, my Dad grabbed the coal shovel, rushed out to scoop up the poo and followed the two until they got home.

"You forgot this" as he flipped it onto their driveway...

Comment

Working...
                        X