This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers suck (very long)

Let's just start off with this: I'm not complaining about some guy named Roger or anyone with the last name Rogers. This is about my experience with one of Canada's largest telecommunications company.

It started a long time ago when I got my last basic phone. My mother and I were on a 3-year contract, and when that contract was up, Rogers started hassling us with text and voice calls, asking us to renew. We just hung up on them, and kept doing so, until now.

It was December 22, the day the power went out in my unit, that my dad decided that I needed a new phone, and that he was going to get me one. Problem is, he was going to get me a pirated one from one of his friends, so I said "no way". Mom shot down my idea of an iPhone because it, and the data plan, was expensive. So off to the Rogers store we go.

We settled on a Sony Xperia ZL for $0. The problem was that it took over an HOUR to get it all set up! The poor clerk had to look up the account, fix an error that said that the bill would be $75/month instead of the $45/month that was promised to us, and print out the contract for us to sign and put in a new SIM card into my phone.

As well, one lady came into the store to return her iPhone 5S, bitching that they had "the worst customer service ever!" and that "$1000 is too much for an iPhone!" I had just bought a 32GB iPod for over $300, lady. Even the iPhone 5C isn't that cheap. One must assume that she bought the most expensive iPhone 5S.

And to top it off, the store had no chairs! They didn't even offer folding chairs! I asked another associate where the chairs were, and he said "They took all of the chairs away". My mom was pissed! Having to stand on a bad knee, she yelled at the poor clerk, saying: "You need to have respect for the elderly!" I was too shocked to say anything.

And now, I just finished registering for Rogers One Number. Yesterday, I got error messages, saying that I needed to call them. So I did, and they said that the trouble ticket that was issued to me was resolved. How can it be resolved when I still had the problem with registering with my email address? And when I tried to register with my username, it said "Please enter a valid username". I'm trying to connect with my existing MyRogers account, and my username is not valid? I checked, no typos! So how can it be invalid?

Today, I try again, only to find out that my PIN needs to be reset. So I log into Rogers Live Chat, giving my name and account info. They need my mother to log into Live Chat because they can only deal with the account holder. Problem is, she doesn't know how to do live chat, and I tell the rep that, but all she said was that I could assist her, but she has to do the chatting.

So my only hope was use dishonesty and pretend to be my mother. I hate to do that, but it was my only hope. Rather than use my smartphone to use Live Chat again (as they probably can view my IP address), I logged in through my computer and hoped that I would get someone else. I did, and the problem was finally resolved.

TL;DR: Rogers harassed us until we got a contract and a new phone. It took us over an hour, but it's done. And I had to lie to get my Rogers One Number set up.

Anyone else had problems with Rogers?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

I had a huge saga with them a while ago.
    There is a huge website dedicated to people who hate Rogers. Google it, it's a cathartic read when you are ready to lose it over some of their more ridiculous policies.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

So the company name is British slang for what they do to their customers?
      Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Quoth stitchwitch View Post
        So the company name is British slang for what they do to their customers?
        And what some of their customers do to other people -- I've had a rash of telemarketers/email spammers lately and when I look up the numbers/email addresses they go back to Rogers Communications.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

i was with rodgers when i was an exchange student in the mid 90's in ontario.. i still have nightmares about them..
          The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

This just came through about Rogers...

http://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comme...e_so_i_called/

If you use them, I recommend getting your own router and running all your communications through it instead of their hardware, so you don't get hit by this.

Comment

I had nothing but problem after problem with Rogers, and their prices were horrendous. When my contract was up, I switched to Verizon and got a better phone with a plan that cost half as much as the one I had with Rogers AND it included unlimited texting to boot!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Problem is, we stuck with Rogers because it's "better the evil you know than the one you don't".
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                  Problem is, we stuck with Rogers because it's "better the evil you know than the one you don't".
                  What, you don't like Helus?

Comment

I am with rogers, I work in one of Canadas helletronics stores (the big red one) and it usually takes at least 40 minutes to get a phone contract done, we provide stools for it but they are crappy.

I'm sorry for the clerk your Mother yelled at though!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                      I'm sorry for the clerk your Mother yelled at though!
                      I'm sorry for him, too. He worked his butt off to get my new phone set up. I have to admit that I wasn't in bright mood either, but at least I didn't yell!
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                      X